Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1027058 7695
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
7661 - 7680 of 7696 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
View attachment 715858 View attachment 715859
After a 7 week wait I finally received and installed my Alex Leather Craft seat. It was worth every minute of the wait and really sets the retro-ish look that I’m after. Have not had a chance for a road test yet, but sure feels good sitting still.
You are gonna love it. I've had mine since the spring and it has made riding so much more enjoyable and it turns heads everywhere. It's probably the most asked about part on my Bobber.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,664 Posts
This looks great so far if you don’t mind me asking what does this paint job cost?
Cost will vary greatly on the talent of the artist and complexity of the task. Over here the artist is very talented and renowned and is in great demand. It is not whether 'he can do what you want' but more 'if he wants to do it!' With pearlescent paint you need a metallic silver underlay after the preparation work has been done. I am having detailed artwork airbrushed and hand painted on both sides and the top of the tank. All this comes at a premium and I deem myself lucky to have engaged his services. The total job amounts to just over $2000 in your money. I also added a 10% incentive to have the work completed within a specific timescale. As explained during our initial discussions had it been the usual flames, warbonnets or skulls he wouldn't have even embarked on the project.

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,664 Posts
It will not be to everyone's liking but the next owner can do one of two things: 1. Cover it with a warbonnet decal. 2. Do what I did and get it resprayed.

I visited the paint shop just last Friday to agree to the 'sizing and positioning' of the artwork and script. It was a sunny afternoon, and the front fender was taken out into the afternoon sun. The color was 100% the right choice and it 'popped' in the natural light.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Aircraft Automotive design Vehicle Sleeve Monoplane

The project is not going to come to fruition as I had hoped at the end of this month. The wheels went back to the supplier as there was an issue with the powder coating and they had to be dismantled, stripped and re powder coated. There has been an unfortunate, unforeseen delay in getting the wheels to the coaters. It is what it is, eye on the prize!

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout
157 Posts
It will not be to everyone's liking but the next owner can do one of two things: 1. Cover it with a warbonnet decal. 2. Do what I did and get it resprayed.

I visited the paint shop just last Friday to agree to the 'sizing and positioning' of the artwork and script. It was a sunny afternoon, and the front fender was taken out into the afternoon sun. The color was 100% the right choice and it 'popped' in the natural light.

View attachment 716617

View attachment 716618

The project is not going to come to fruition as I had hoped at the end of this month. The wheels went back to the supplier as there was an issue with the powder coating and they had to be dismantled, stripped and re powder coated. There has been an unfortunate, unforeseen delay in getting the wheels to the coaters. It is what it is, eye on the prize!
We call that a Candy Apple paint here, and it uses a silver metallic base coat with an almost clear tint red. The more red you spray, the less the silver base shows through. This type of paint is very difficult to match exactly between the different items painted , and even at different sides of the object painted. It takes a very steady and concise hand to spray this and have it match perfectly.
Charlie

·
Registered
2022 Scout Bobber Twenty, Stealth Gray
211 Posts
Cost will vary greatly on the talent of the artist and complexity of the task. Over here the artist is very talented and renowned and is in great demand. It is not whether 'he can do what you want' but more 'if he wants to do it!' With pearlescent paint you need a metallic silver underlay after the preparation work has been done. I am having detailed artwork airbrushed and hand painted on both sides and the top of the tank. All this comes at a premium and I deem myself lucky to have engaged his services. The total job amounts to just over $2000 in your money. I also added a 10% incentive to have the work completed within a specific timescale. As explained during our initial discussions had it been the usual flames, warbonnets or skulls he wouldn't have even embarked on the project.
I would have guessed a bit more than that, can't wait to see her done and in the sun! BTW, hope the knee is doing well

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,664 Posts
I would have guessed a bit more than that, can't wait to see her done and in the sun! BTW, hope the knee is doing well
Off topic - apologies to all.

Thank you so much for asking Grumbles. I've got so called mates I've known for years that haven't asked or seen since I had it done. It is fine thankyou 130-degree bend angle. Overdid it as I was determined to make it work for me and worked myself into Stage 2 Trauma Induced Hypertension, blood pressure was averaging out at 176/118. Perhaps shouldn't have ditched the crutches day 5 and cut the grass day 7. All under control now and returning to work next week. Need to make a few lifestyle changes but suppose that is part of the norm of getting older and living life to the full.

7661 - 7680 of 7696 Posts