Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1027022 7695
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
7641 - 7660 of 7696 Posts

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,663 Posts
Sounds spicy! Can't wait to see the end results.
The end result will certainly not be to everyone's liking as the design is totally off-grid, but the simple fact is that for the moment this bike is 'a keeper' and it is mine. The design incorporates two things: 1. It is the most fun to ride bike I have ever ridden. 2. My mates have nicknamed it 'The Poo Shooter' due to where the exhaust exits under the seat.

The next owner can strip it and repaint the color of his desire or simply swap the tank out for another supplied by Moore Speed as has happened in the past with custom paint when it is not to their liking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic. I love the color you chose and want to paint my bobber as well. In fact, I love my bobber but dislike all black so much I am looking to strip as much of the metal as I can. I like the bare-metal look or maybe mostly silver. I was hoping you had some knowledge of the paint or coating on the frame and engine.

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,663 Posts
The frame is either powder-coated or dipped. It is a very hardy coating that is quite thick. If you wanted to repaint the frame there is only one way to do it and that is tear down the bike completely which is a very time consuming and costly process. Realistically painting the frame or taking it back to bare-bones and having it lacquered is way beyond the realms of reasonable feasibility.

Not worth it in my book, unless perhaps you have a second bike to fall back on and extremely deep pockets?

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout
157 Posts
I installed the quick release spools between my Viking saddlebags and the rear fender. It spaced them out enough that the left saddlebag doesn’t hit the belt guard anymore on heavy bumps. Wish I would have done this months ago, as it rides nicer now, too.
I can now get the passenger backrest and luggage rack combo and use it for trips. It will make strapping my bag and dog carrier much easier.
Charlie
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Gas Audio equipment Auto part Automotive exterior Metal
Gas Audio equipment Auto part Automotive exterior Metal
Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Tints and shades

·
Registered
144 Posts
I installed the crx slash cuts I acquired from @JOHNNY3FINGERS . I would definitely recommend doing business with him. Went out of his way to make this deal happen. Man these are aggressive sounding , can't wait to get on the road with them View attachment 715575
First time I think I seen your ride. Looking good and the mods. Like to see the whole pic.👍

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,663 Posts
The rear frame close-out panel on my Scout is made of fiberglass and I was after something a bit more robust. Considering I have to cut a crescent in it to allow for the exhaust exit I had to choose carefully. The one from the French Company 'Tank Machine' caught my eye but was very quickly dismissed due to two things, the exorbitant eye-watering cost (over $400USD) and the fact their reputation for contact via e-mail etc. is very poor. For less than 1/10 cost of the Tank Machine offering I sourced a 4mm thick steel one from Moore Speed Racing and set to work. It was not easy to cut but with tenacity and resolve and a few choice expletives along the way, I got there in the end. Pleased with the end result.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Human body Rectangle Gesture Grey Sleeve

Hood Bumper Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2020 Indian Scout Jade Green and Thunder Black
307 Posts
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Auto part Electric blue

Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

My kid 3D printed this throttle assist device for me. Brought a tear to my eye…

Works like a dream. Easy to adjust, heel of my hand just floats on it. Ran through a tank full of gas in 40 degree weather. Had many issues with the cold but hand cramping was not one of them.
Ride safely, my friends.

·
Registered
2022 Scout Bobber Twenty, Stealth Gray
211 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Photograph Fuel tank White Automotive tire Light

After a 7 week wait I finally received and installed my Alex Leather Craft seat. It was worth every minute of the wait and really sets the retro-ish look that I’m after. Have not had a chance for a road test yet, but sure feels good sitting still.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The rear frame close-out panel on my Scout is made of fiberglass and I was after something a bit more robust. Considering I have to cut a crescent in it to allow for the exhaust exit I had to choose carefully. The one from the French Company 'Tank Machine' caught my eye but was very quickly dismissed due to two things, the exorbitant eye-watering cost (over $400USD) and the fact their reputation for contact via e-mail etc. is very poor. For less than 1/10 cost of the Tank Machine offering I sourced a 4mm thick steel one from Moore Speed Racing and set to work. It was not easy to cut but with tenacity and resolve and a few choice expletives along the way, I got there in the end. Pleased with the end result.

View attachment 715792

View attachment 715794

View attachment 715796
Tank is spendy but it's good stuff. I ordered my close off during the covid thing and received it quicker than many of the other items I ordered that were within the 48's so that was impressive.
If you have access to a plasma cutter or a nice big band saw and grinders fabricating your own is definitely the way to go. I think it turned out great and you get much more satisfaction from making one than buying one.
Z

7641 - 7660 of 7696 Posts