Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
7621 - 7640 of 7797 Posts

· Registered
2021 Indian Scout 1200 Maroon/Crimson
23 Posts
Installed LED indicators. For this I took the OEM LED Bobber indicators from the housing, they just pop out, and installed them in the Scout housings of the halogen indicators. The Halogen indicators are also easy to remove from the housing. Turn them to unlock and get them out. The LED indicators fit but are loose and there is a gap between indicator and housing. For this I used pvc tape and taped the led indicators to make them bigger in diameter so they hold in the housing and to eleminate the gap I cut the genuine rubber gasking and put it in beetween, just the right thickness. For the electrical connection just add the correct terminals. There might be a way with some cutting or glue but it works so far and looks close to original. ^^ Same in the rear. Sadly no photos of the other steps made.

Amber Automotive lighting Gold Yellow Circle
Fluid Amber Finger Liquid Electric blue

Musical instrument Automotive lighting Light Brass instrument Amber

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Amber Audio equipment Metal

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank

Automotive lighting Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,891 Posts
From another thread regarding tachometer fit:

..........The speedo and tack both have a small tab at 6 o'clock, and the rings have a notch for those to fit in. So from the factory, it basically has two ways to install. Everyone is already talking about making their own notches at the angle they want it instead.

· Registered
349 Posts
Installed LED indicators. For this I took the OEM LED Bobber indicators from the housing, they just pop out, and installed them in the Scout housings of the halogen indicators. The Halogen indicators are also easy to remove from the housing. Turn them to unlock and get them out. The LED indicators fit but are loose and there is a gap between indicator and housing. For this I used pvc tape and taped the led indicators to make them bigger in diameter so they hold in the housing and to eleminate the gap I cut the genuine rubber gasking and put it in beetween, just the right thickness. For the electrical connection just add the correct terminals. There might be a way with some cutting or glue but it works so far and looks close to original. ^^ Same in the rear. Sadly no photos of the other steps made.

View attachment 714922 View attachment 714921
View attachment 714924
View attachment 714927
View attachment 714933
View attachment 714932
I'm not an electrician but if the red and black wires copper connectors are just loose in the turn signal housing bouncing around while riding may make them touch and cause a problem. Were the wires originally plugged into the light bulb thereby keeping them separate? It might be a good idea to get some heat shrink and cover the copper connector and part of the wire. Then only apply heat and shrink the heat shrink over the wire leaving it unshrunk over the terminal so you can plug and unplug the wires if needed.

· Registered
23 Posts
I'm not an electrician but if the red and black wires copper connectors are just loose in the turn signal housing bouncing around while riding may make them touch and cause a problem. Were the wires originally plugged into the light bulb thereby keeping them separate? It might be a good idea to get some heat shrink and cover the copper connector and part of the wire. Then only apply heat and shrink the heat shrink over the wire leaving it unshrunk over the terminal so you can plug and unplug the wires if needed.
Thank you for your hint. Good idea with the heat shrink tubing.
To answer your question: Yes, originally they were plugged in the light / bulb and kept seperate.

I used the connectors as the following ones, so hopefully no shortscircuits:
Automotive lighting Product Rectangle Font Electronic device

I pulled the light out and took a photo:
Blue Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Maybe I will add some extra tape to the connectors to be safe.

· Registered
661 Posts
Thank you for your hint. Good idea with the heat shrink tubing.
To answer your question: Yes, originally they were plugged in the light / bulb and kept seperate.

I used the connectors as the following ones, so hopefully no shortscircuits:
View attachment 715047

I pulled the light out and took a photo:
View attachment 715045

Maybe I will add some extra tape to the connectors to be safe.
I thought the scouts came with led non servisable bulbs , or is it after the 2018 models ?

· Registered
208 Posts
I just want to add something to the LED discussion. On my first and second set up I used these connectors. If you want new LED's different than the OEM ones for the front like Apollo's or Motoblaze here are the connectors. Just get the male and pins (Yellow on the Right) and it plugs right into the female OEM connector on your harness. Scout LED Connectors My Scout is a 2018.

Electronic device Cable Metal Electronics accessory Fashion accessory

· Registered
2018 Indian Scout
283 Posts
I just want to add something to the LED discussion. On my first and second set up I used these connectors. If you want new LED's different than the OEM ones for the front like Apollo's or Motoblaze here are the connectors. Just get the male and pins (Yellow on the Right) and it plugs right into the female OEM connector on your harness. Scout LED Connectors My Scout is a 2018.

View attachment 715069
I have a set of PICO crimp pliers that will crimp a factory pin like this. I use them exclusively, and buy the proper spade, barrel, and pin connectors to match the factory connections. I don’t use the ones from the auto parts stores anymore.
Charlie

· Registered
23 Posts
I thought the scouts came with led non servisable bulbs , or is it after the 2018 models ?
The Scout Bobber comes with LED and the "normal" Scout comes with Halogen Bulbs.
I took the Bobber LED "module" out of their housing and put it in the chrome housing of the "normal" scout. You can easily pull the LED module out of the housing and same with the Halogen "module" with the bulb by turning them to unlock an then pull them out.
For this I bought cheap nearly brand new used front led indicators of the bobber scouts.

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,891 Posts
Thank you for your comments. Just the designs to be airbrushed and then clear coat. Glad I was able to engage his services. It's not 'whether he can do what you want' but more of 'whether he wants to do it.' He is at the top of his game and in great demand. He did say as it wasn't the usual warbonnets, skulls or flame themed projects that he was eager to embark upon it.

7621 - 7640 of 7797 Posts