Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
7501 - 7520 of 7557 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
What I did to my new to me 2015 Scout today was actually done yesterday. I bought it 2 weeks ago, and yesterday I got to take it for its first real ride. 240 miles on Vermont 2 lanes with my son along on his V-Star. Beautiful day, gorgeous weather, though cool (52 degrees) when we headed out in the morning, and nice roads. Minimal traffic for a holiday weekend. I'm absolutely loving this bike. I let the kid (31 yo) ride it and I'm pretty sure he didn't want to give it back. Great day, all in all.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,397 Posts
Dropped bike off at Moore Speed Racing this morning and don't realistically expect it back until end of November.

Lots going on with it.

Wheels being dropped and sent back to the manufacturer of the wheels for stripping, dipping and re powder coating. He had to use a different powder coating service when the bike was being built due to the pandemic and he obviously wasn't up to scratch. Coating started coming off in March at 1,900 miles but I didn't want to lose any Summer riding time so have coincided the re-coating with two things. 1. Right knee chop and swap this Wednesday and... 2. The need for new tires to be fitted.

Service 100 miles overdue.

Suspension minor improvements. Whilst my suspension is adequate the rear fender occasionally impinges on the exhaust when I hit a pothole. Hopefully longer rod ends will be either manufactured or sourced from K-Tech that will raise the rear end and prevent this from happening? It may also allow me to soften it up a little?

Custom paint. Already mentioned in previous post.

My fault but the bike leans a long way on the side-stand. I inadvertently overfilled her when refueling and fuel leaked significantly out of the aftermarket fuel filler assembly as well as the vent pipe when left to rest on the side-stand. Alternative filler cap assembly to be sourced and fitted or the original can be refitted. Especially with the new paint going on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dropped bike off at Moore Speed Racing this morning and don't realistically expect it back until end of November.

Lots going on with it.

Wheels being dropped and sent back to the manufacturer of the wheels for stripping, dipping and re powder coating. He had to use a different powder coating service when the bike was being built due to the pandemic and he obviously wasn't up to scratch. Coating started coming off in March at 1,900 miles but I didn't want to lose any Summer riding time so have coincided the re-coating with two things. 1. Right knee chop and swap this Wednesday and... 2. The need for new tires to be fitted.

Service 100 miles overdue.

Suspension minor improvements. Whilst my suspension is adequate the rear fender occasionally impinges on the exhaust when I hit a pothole. Hopefully longer rod ends will be either manufactured or sourced from K-Tech that will raise the rear end and prevent this from happening? It may also allow me to soften it up a little?

Custom paint. Already mentioned in previous post.

My fault but the bike leans a long way on the side-stand. I inadvertently overfilled her when refueling and fuel leaked significantly out of the aftermarket fuel filler assembly as well as the vent pipe when left to rest on the side-stand. Alternative filler cap assembly to be sourced and fitted or the original can be refitted. Especially with the new paint going on.
Best wishes for the knee replacement(y) Will look forward to seeing pictures of the bike once it returns,:cool: machine.

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
343 Posts
Reactions: RogueMonkey

·
Registered
343 Posts
what light kit did you use.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey @Rogue Diesel any response from the Corbin team yet?
Yeah. I sent it back and they just wrote me today:

“Hope all is well. I am sending you a photo of how your saddle came out. The leather cannot come out any more smoother it is the texture of the hide. Please look over the photo.”

Looks much better, the cellulite is gone haha.

Luggage and bags Bag Comfort Material property Musical instrument accessory

Before:

Rectangle Triangle Tints and shades Pattern Monochrome photography

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Today I put on some Rox Risers. The bars are now raised about 1.5 inches and are to the rear about an 1.5 inches as well. With the risers if you go to far forward your speedo will cant forward pushing the face of the speedo down and will make hard to see. You will need to check length, height, speedo and bars and adjust before nailing it down. Also, you don't need to change cables. Your existing cables should work. I needed to cut a 6mm hex to get to the bottom bolt to tighten under the riser. I really can't even notice them cosmetically and they do straighten up my back as I am sitting a little more upright.
Gadget Material property Audio equipment Font Corded phone
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Helmet Auto part
Wood Tobacco pipe Rectangle Office supplies Beige
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

7501 - 7520 of 7557 Posts