Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057311 Views 7802 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  K9F
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
7361 - 7380 of 7803 Posts

· Registered
2015 Scout
537 Posts
Because any information you put out on the internet can potentially be used against you. License plate numbers could lead to more information being accessible or found such as registration information or home addresses. There is also a tremendous amount of info that is a matter of public record. Maybe one day you post pictures talking about that great 5 day ride while the bad guy is now making plans to break in your house.
That may sound paranoid to some, but if it does, you honestly are probably just naive.
Agreed, such a fine line between cautious and paranoia. With hindsight being the only way to see 20/20. Now back to Scout mods and call this horse dead.

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,906 Posts
Check this out. Should be here soon. But not soon enough…….
That is really cool. Did you have it commissioned or was it off the shelf? Can you provide a link to the artist/supplier?

· Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
450 Posts
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. View attachment 12075 View attachment 12076
Installed Ends Cuoio “Cherokee” two tone leather saddlebags…

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Fender Personal luxury car

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Floor

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product

Motor vehicle Automotive design Luggage and bags Bag Comfort

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Luggage and bags Bumper

· Registered
12 Posts
hi guys ¡¡

Finally I installed the V&H slash and the lateral plate licencer, now this bigtwin sounds like glory, and our scout's beautiful ass looks as it should....¡¡¡¡ One question... the V&H the sound is glory.... bud is a excessive for a City...,

Can someone recommend me some DB to lower the volume a bit? I have also noticed more heat in the engine area, is this normal?

Thanks ¡¡¡

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
2021 Scout Sixty
73 Posts
hi guys ¡¡

Finally I installed the V&H slash and the lateral plate licencer, now this bigtwin sounds like glory, and our scout's beautiful ass looks as it should....¡¡¡¡ One question... the V&H the sound is glory.... bud is a excessive for a City...,

Can someone recommend me some DB to lower the volume a bit? I have also noticed more heat in the engine area, is this normal?

Thanks ¡¡¡

View attachment 698764

View attachment 698768
View attachment 698767
View attachment 698766
View attachment 698765
@Steve-5513 Yes I feel the same was as you. They sound great, but are really, really loud. I installed their Quiet Baffles and that helped a bit. They sound now is not really any quieter, but the tone is A LOT better and easier on the ears. So would recommend you start with that. But it is still loud as all hell. I wish they were a tad quieter. Even just pulling out from a stop light, I'm getting a little tired of the roar each time. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I sure wish they were a bit more tame.

· Registered
12 Posts
@Steve-5513 Yes I feel the same was as you. They sound great, but are really, really loud. I installed their Quiet Baffles and that helped a bit. They sound now is not really any quieter, but the tone is A LOT better and easier on the ears. So would recommend you start with that. But it is still loud as all hell. I wish they were a tad quieter. Even just pulling out from a stop light, I'm getting a little tired of the roar each time. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I sure wish they were a bit more tame.
Thank you for your answer, on Monday I am going to try to place some db Killers to be able to circulate within the city of Barcelona, because that is where I live, and if I have the police near the motorcycle in motion, they will sanction me...

But the noise is really precious..¡¡¡

· Registered
2021 Scout Sixty
73 Posts
Thank you for your answer, on Monday I am going to try to place some db Killers to be able to circulate within the city of Barcelona, because that is where I live, and if I have the police near the motorcycle in motion, they will sanction me...

But the noise is really precious..¡¡¡
I've never heard of DB Killers. How do they work?

· Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
714 Posts
I'm getting old too, but man I still love the sound of these slash cuts with the quiet baffles!! 😎

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

· Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
450 Posts
7361 - 7380 of 7803 Posts