Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
7221 - 7240 of 7866 Posts

· Registered
2022 Scout Bobber Twenty, Stealth Gray
227 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Rim

Really wanted a black shift linkage but didn’t want to spend $90+ just yet. Found one for a Sportster that included black heim joints for $30. I knew the rod would be too short so made my own out of 5/16 rod. Also had to use an aluminum spacer to take up the slop for the metric attach bolts. All in less than $40.

· Founding member
1,076 Posts
Anyone here have any input on these mid controls for the scout? I've always like the forward controls but recently I've been considering switching to mid controls for better comfort. These are probably the best looking ones I've seen. And I'm not overly concerned about the lean angle when switching over

I have them on my scout. I like them. easy to install. Other then lean angle the issue could be how tall you are. While I'm 6 foot I raised my seat and moved it back 4 or 5 inches a long time ago. Couldn't imagin it working with the stock setup for me.

· Registered
166 Posts
I have them on my scout. I like them. easy to install. Other then lean angle the issue could be how tall you are. While I'm 6 foot I raised my seat and moved it back 4 or 5 inches a long time ago. Couldn't imagin it working with the stock setup for me.
Well I can truthfully say in my entire lifetime I've had very seldom occasions where I've been too tall for something lol I'm at a solid 5'4" so I can't imagine going to mid controls would make me feel cramped. I honestly like the forward controls but for longer rides I don't care for my legs to be pushed out forward for so long. And I have the dean speed crash bars that I can use to extend my legs if I choose to also.

· Registered
452 Posts
Please let us know what you end up thinking about those floorboards. My new Scout is still on-order, but I've been ordering some 'economy' items in advance (mirror extenders, LED headlight, highway bars, hard bags) that I found useful on my previous Scouts. I've never ridden with floorboards, but they seem like they could be comfortable, I'm just not sure if they'll eat up the already limited cornering clearance or accommodate my size 13 hooves.
I have to say I really love the floorboards! And the quality is superb, probably on par with the OEM ones. What was the biggest surprise is that the shifting is much better now. I had to adjust the shifter upwards to have enough clearance to the floorboards, and it's a big improvement. Thumbs up from my side. As well I didn't notice a lot of change regarding lean angle.

7221 - 7240 of 7866 Posts