Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057857 Views 7804 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  Master tech 1265
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
7081 - 7100 of 7805 Posts

· Registered
661 Posts
You all might not like this and I didn't like any made out there . Past 3 days making parts . Now I need a few more washers and 2 more decorative nuts . I changed the design about 3 times until I got it the way I think the lines on the bobber looked . Round curves like the fender .

Black paint is next.
Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle fork Bicycle handlebar
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,914 Posts
Maybe so, but why do you think the majority of the offerings on the market are GRP/fiberglass with thicker or rolled edges? Why not replace the alloy for something more friendly? It could be shaped with a heat gun. If not as long as you keep at least the thumbs and two other fingers you'll be fine. I like the design and form is just the material that is flawed.

Your digits your bike. 😳

Reactions: Bass fisher

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,914 Posts
You could also consider protecting the edges of the alloy ones you've made with some 'extrusion' perhaps? I've made good use of lengths of a spare Land Rover Defender rear door seal I had laying about over the years for sharp edges, even on the Scout battery box I used a 5" length. Would offer some protection if ever needed.

Reactions: Bass fisher

· Registered
35 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
What brand are the floor boards? How do you like them? Im thinking about getting some. I kinda want to move my controls forward though. I like to stretch out a little more than I am currently which is funny cause im only 5'9"
KYN is the brand name that I ordered from Amazon. They look almost identical to the OEM floorboards and are half the price. The shifter is a little tighter now with certain footwear so will probably look into a heel shifter. Overall they are very comfortable on a ride.

· Registered
661 Posts
KYN is the brand name that I ordered from Amazon. They look almost identical to the OEM floorboards and are half the price. The shifter is a little tighter now with certain footwear so will probably look into a heel shifter. Overall they are very comfortable on a ride.
You know you can raise or lower your shifter ? If it's too tight just loosen the bolts on the rod and twist it . I forgot which way for up but it's easy peasy to set

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,914 Posts
Bossman20 what lift is that please? Looking at a Sealey MC5908 which looks similar. Need stability enough to drop both wheels and send them off for powder coating on my Scout.

· Registered
72 Posts
Bossman20 what lift is that please? Looking at a Sealey MC5908 which looks similar. Need stability enough to drop both wheels and send them off for powder coating on my Scout.

It's just a cheap unbranded ebay one. It's done me well so far, everything I've done to the bike has been on it

· Registered
2021 Scout Bobber 60
168 Posts
Woke her up from her winter hibernation. Put the battery in, primed the fuel pump a few times, hit the starter button and she fired right up.

I then added a few accessories that I bought last December when Indian was was offering money off.

Billet Shifter/Brake Pegs:
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Light

Primary Engine Cover:
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

LED Headlight:
Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Tire Vehicle

I didn't get to ride as it was getting cloudy and windy by the time I finished. I hope to get out tomorrow for the first time this season.

7081 - 7100 of 7805 Posts