Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057878 Views 7804 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  Master tech 1265
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
7061 - 7080 of 7805 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Yesterday:
Had Indian Dealer install Pirelli Night Dragons F&R.
Got home and tightened the front brake caliper that they didn't.
View attachment 681611

Today installed Progressive springs and 20wt oil in the forks.
Installed Progressive 413s in the rear.
View attachment 681612
Keep me posted on the 413's. Do you ride 2 up? What's your weight (if ya don't mind my asking 😀)

· Registered
35 Posts
Very nice! I just picked up a set of Cobra bars that I’ll hopefully get installed this weekend.
Easy install on those. Took me 30 minutes. Just have to remove the mounts at the shifter and rear break, remove a bolt underneath, put the bars on, mounts back on, then a bracket up top on each side of the radiator. Only pain was lining everything up on both sides so the bolts all line back up. Had to have my wife hold it for 1 few minutes lol

· Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
240 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Played with a paint pen today on the new sneakers. I’ve never been one for a full murdered out vehicle when the vehicle is black or near black. Took about 40 minutes for this one side. May do a second coat, but I’ve got 3 other sides to do.

· Registered
2015 Scout
537 Posts
What are shop supplie? They bought an Indian shirt on your dime?
I got no complaints, when I bought the scout I got the service package for something like 1500 bucks. Shortly there after the fork seals came due and that bill came to I think 1200 fully covered. I've also had the brakes done, belt replacement and a coolant flush also covered. A pre owned bike with miles has expenses for long jevity. Speaking of I have pet insurance on my dog and I need to get him to the Vet for a dental cleaning and deep tissue massage he has dysplasia. Remember Capitalism makes the world go round.

· Registered
661 Posts
Went to fill the tank today and only filled 1 gallon. Got home and heard sloshing in the tank . So I filled the tank another half gallon when it was upright sitting on the bike . Never knew if it sits on the stand it didn't fill the tank completely. Learn something new eeveryday

· Bronze member
1,358 Posts
Went to fill the tank today and only filled 1 gallon. Got home and heard sloshing in the tank . So I filled the tank another half gallon when it was upright sitting on the bike . Never knew if it sits on the stand it didn't fill the tank completely. Learn something new eeveryday
Yeah i tend to overfill it when on the side and then stand it up to see how much more I need.

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,914 Posts
Rode it 211 miles of smiles across Dorset, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire country roads. Stopped at an old scaffolders yard that has long gone but their advertising remains in the adjacent farmers field, been there for years.

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Land vehicle

Sky Cloud Plant Motor vehicle Sculpture

7061 - 7080 of 7805 Posts