I'm sorry, Steve, but I'm gonna need some pictures.I installed K-Tech Razor Lite III rear shocks this morning on my '21 Bobber ABS and OH. MY. GOD.
The bike is INFINITELY more enjoyable now. No puckered butthole when I see a bump coming, incredible comfort, and the turn handling is vastly improved. I can't wait to do some more riding this weekend. For reference in case people are interested:
- Bought from Orient Express, Ken was extremely helpful answering questions to make sure I got the right ones and installed correctly
- Got the Bobber specific pair (283B-140-285-BOB)
- Orient Express preloaded the weight for me (260lbs)
- Best comfort so far was 13 clicks from the 0 point on the dampening
- I had to use the factory washer for the top left bolt, but not the top right bolt. Make sure you use the included bolt for the bottom right bolt.
- Torqued to ~65 ftlbs.
- I had to remove my top V&H Slash Cut slip on to install the right shock
I'm almost sorry I ordered a Mustang seat (coming in today), as this made such a huge improvement. But I'm sure I'll love that too! Can't wait to get some pics up later.
I went to Arlen Ness shocks which are also adjustable in LENGTH so I could change the height (and have more cornering clearance).
I am not familiar with the ones you got..... And "orient express" sounds.... Like "Alibaba" to me, but clearly must not be.
I have the Mustang seat. It's decent, but , honestly, could be better. Wish I could try a Corbin.
Thanks for the post!