Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
6761 - 6780 of 6791 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just wondering if you have any more information on this? Parts, materials, tools? Or a DIY video. With a few weeks of winter here in Vegas around the corner I'm thinking of routing all my wires through my handlebars soon and figured I'd add this to the list also.
You bet! None of this wiring needs to go through the handlebars though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
So I took a gamble and bought a saddlemen step up for an Indian scout Bobber. However, I don't own the Bobber so I'm going to remove the side brackets from the saddlemen and install the back bracket from my stock seat onto it. Hoping this works well and it fits the seat... if not I'm out both my stock seat and the saddlemen. Wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
So I took a gamble and bought a saddlemen step up for an Indian scout Bobber. However, I don't own the Bobber so I'm going to remove the side brackets from the saddlemen and install the back bracket from my stock seat onto it. Hoping this works well and it fits the seat... if not I'm out both my stock seat and the saddlemen. Wish me luck!
Look forward to hearing how it goes!!

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
141 Posts
Added a dean speed sissy bar. I needed the extra room to carry gear and have a bag to carry extra clothing etc. Better than saddlebags.
Pics and bar height?
About to pull the pin on a Bobber Wicked myself next week, Black Friday sale. Trying to figure out the best height for my wife’s comfort. She’s 5’ so thinking the 20” with back pad will work for her and the bikes aesthetic.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's 22 inches. I was afraid that might be too tall but it looks good on the bike. The quality is first rate. I have a scout 60 and can't carry passengers so no back pad but I did get the luggage rack option. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. I'm riding the Cherohala skyway with a friend. Last good ride of the year I expect.

·
Registered
2021 Indian Scout
28 Posts
If anyone is curious...

This is the 24" classic sissy bar from deanspeed, 6 pack rack and passenger pad. I've never had any complaints from passengers, and personally couldn't imagine getting anything smaller if you have luggage in mind. I sat on it myself just now, and at 5'9" the pad is at the center of my back with the stock seat. My only complaint is that the bars are thick, making it incompatible with some saddle bag supports I've tried out. Deanspeed recommended I purchase the slim version for compatibility, but I'm not going to wait 3 months again haha.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel Plant

·
Registered
2021 Indian Scout
28 Posts
Got my ME888 WWWs put on. Rides a little differently. Looks good. Me likey.
What tires are you coming from? I've trusted metzlers before on all sorts of weather and road, but only on my sport bikes. My stock nightdragons on my scout still have tread, but I was thinking going the white wall route when I do have to change them.

·
Registered
2018 Scout ABS. 2019 Scout ABS 2014 Road King. And just totalled a new FTR
268 Posts
The ME888s replaced the stock Pirellis, which I never liked when it was wet. And at 6000+ miles they seemed to break loose a little too easily in the dry, as well, when I really hit the throttle hard. Even though there was plenty of tread.

The ride is noticeably smoother, too. Same thing I experienced when I switched to 888s on my Road King. I can switch between my wife's Scout with stock tires and mine and it's def not a placebo effect.

I wish Conti made Trail Attack 3s in this size with white walls. On my FTR those were hands down the stickiest tires I have ever ridden. Just amazing. Even stickier than the Pirelli racing tires I had on my Buell.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
639 Posts
I applied the mid-frame "Medicine Wheel" decals which I got from Jason (@Wulf ) at Brave Wolf Customs.

I also purchased the "Skull Warbonnet" full size tank decals, but it will be at least a few days before I have time to remove the stock badges and carefully apply the new ones.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
110 Posts
Added new swing-arm tool bag and saddlebags from Custom Z Spain.

Light brown with white stitching rather than the standard black. I also had them add the strap keeper tabs to the swing-arm bag flap. It took about a week from the time of order to be made, and another week for shipping from Spain. The light brown is a few shades darker than the stock tan seat, but a couple shades lighter than the V-Twin spring seat I am currently using.

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Textile Sleeve

Test fit on the bike.

Plant Land vehicle Fuel tank Tire Wheel

I attached a short piece of 1/8 X 5/8 steel to the bottom passenger peg mount hole to ensure the tool bag could not hit the belt. I have ordered a set of supports for the saddlebags. Will most likely have to modify those slightly to fit the spacing on the fender bolts. When finished I should still be under $500, including the custom work and air shipping from Spain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been fairly busy so I started my seat project on my scout last week and just now managed to get around to finish it and I'm glad I took the gamble on the Saddlemen seat. I drilled out the back bracket on my stock scout seat (sacrificed my stock seat more than I wouldve liked to) and installed it onto the Saddlemen seat. Fairly simple project but if it would not have worked out I'd be out over $500 for the Saddlemen seat plus needing to purchase another seat. Fortunately it worked out and I love it. I have not rode it yet but I had the wife and I sit on the bike and it feels very sturdy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Added new swing-arm tool bag and saddlebags from Custom Z Spain.

Light brown with white stitching rather than the standard black. I also had them add the strap keeper tabs to the swing-arm bag flap. It took about a week from the time of order to be made, and another week for shipping from Spain. The light brown is a few shades darker than the stock tan seat, but a couple shades lighter than the V-Twin spring seat I am currently using.

View attachment 658620

Test fit on the bike.

View attachment 658621

I attached a short piece of 1/8 X 5/8 steel to the bottom passenger peg mount hole to ensure the tool bag could not hit the belt. I have ordered a set of supports for the saddlebags. Will most likely have to modify those slightly to fit the spacing on the fender bolts. When finished I should still be under $500, including the custom work and air shipping from Spain.
Way to stick it to Ma Indian who's always trying to screw us! Lol.

I did my bag setup for about $130 including the spools for the fender

6761 - 6780 of 6791 Posts