Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
6661 - 6680 of 6710 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can't wait to see the video. I don't think I've ever used the horn and I hate having to jump off the bike just to open the garage (first world problems).
Haha totally. I got sick of it too. It's really pretty simple, it's just not easy to solder on something so small lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scout
201 Posts
Oh and here's another picture before I lowered it. View attachment 650805
Installed a battery tender and found the ground lug stripped out. Chased the threads, with lock tite screwed in a threaded rod making the female lug a male. With how tight it is under there will make things easier in the future. Steel bolt, tight area, aluminum threads something's gonna give.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got the Aven gel grips on and the Bassani fishtails installed. Had the wife-unit take it around the block to listen to it. Love the sound.

Install was rough. Had to go buy a longer bolt and take a round file to the lower pipe slot.

I expected to lose torque like on every HD I've ever owned. But it sorta' uncorked the motor and now it's as snappy as my wife's '19.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Next up is FM PV3 and S&S air cleaner.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Today last trip for the 2021 saison
View attachment 652697
View attachment 652696

now the winter blues is coming until April 2021
Beautiful photos ... I assume Germany? I lived in Bavaria (near Dettlebach) for three years and rode an '85 Wide Glide all over the country. The Winters sucked but riding on that first gorgeous Spring day was orgasmic. Everything turned green overnight. :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Beautiful photos ... I assume Germany? I lived in Bavaria (near Dettlebach) for three years and rode an '85 Wide Glide all over the country. The Winters sucked but riding on that first gorgeous Spring day was orgasmic. Everything turned green overnight. :cool:
Yes it is Germany, 40km south of Dortmund

·
Registered
229 Posts
Going to bike rallies in Germany in the 80s was an experience not to be missed. Very rough-looking hardcore MC clubs rolling in 20 deep on mopeds ... old dudes riding two up all the way from Holland or Denmark on damn-near-stock HD knuckleheads and flatheads ... large 1%er clubs like the Bones MC rolling in 100+ ... and the inevitable American wannabe 1%er clubs from the Army bases (which mine was :LOL: )

Whenever we stopped at gasthouses in the small towns we rarely paid for beer or food if there were WW2 vets hanging out. We'd drink for hours listening to their war stories. "(Pointing to a huge wound in his forearm) So ... this is where I got shot by Americans in Belgium".

Germans, at least Bavarians, were the warmest, most open, and hospitable people I've ever known. My landlord's mother (from Sudatenland) brought me to her house twice a week and would feed me till I was stuffed and get me roaring drunk. Where I learned she met her husband when they served together by floating over US lines at night in a weather balloon, dropping mortor rounds on American troops. Not even joking. She talked about shooting at ground troops with a pistol when they'd get discovered.

Just an amazing experience for a 20-something.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Jesus ... I sound like a senile old fart droning on and on wistfully recounting past glories. God I hate being old. :(

As far as the Scout, all I did today was ride it like I stole it. Starting to bond with him and he finally has a name. "Stubby"

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tested a couple throttle locks that are commonly used.
I installed the Atlas Throttle lock on my scout but anything over about 30 MPH and it doesn't hold very well with the vibration and slowly starts to let the Throttle go. I have to look at repositioning to see if it helps

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone with a Dean Speed Scout Classic Sissy Bar have a saddle bag support combo going on? The sissy bar is pretty thick so I can foresee combability issues or the saddle bags sticking far out. I've ran some cheap saddle bags without supports but the rear tire munches them without them on any lean.
Not sure what style you're going for or how much space you need for your saddle bags. I have the sissy bar from Dean Speed and added the Thrashin Supply essential saddle bags. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but an option nonetheless. They work great for me as I don't need much space and I can take them off fairly easily if I don't want them on.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

6661 - 6680 of 6710 Posts