Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057878 Views 7804 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  Master tech 1265
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
6601 - 6620 of 7805 Posts

· Registered
2021 Indian Scout
41 Posts
Anyone with a Dean Speed Scout Classic Sissy Bar have a saddle bag support combo going on? The sissy bar is pretty thick so I can foresee combability issues or the saddle bags sticking far out. I've ran some cheap saddle bags without supports but the rear tire munches them without them on any lean.

· Registered
1,973 Posts
I made a bib for the tank . I seen them on other bikes and just wanted something to protect the tank from my belt and some accent to match the seat cover I put on . It's growing on me just Eh I think . What do you all say . Easy enough to take off . View attachment 647383
It will ruin your paint. Guaranteed.
Dirt gets under as you ride.

I understand what you're doing. Just buy an adhesive tank protector. About $8

· German Rider
2,735 Posts
Today, i rode wifeys Scout to work with the new, electronic controlled Penzl exhaust. It really sounds good, but damned, that thing ist loud in open (Bass) mode.
I get old, cauz even switched to the quiet mode, it feels way louder than my stock 2018 with 98dB.

Cu,
Sven

· Premium Member
2020 Scout Bobber
361 Posts
I may be over thinking this but there's a mounting bolt on the back side that looks like you need to pull the wheel to get to. Am I wrong or do I drop the shock and paint in place? View attachment 648054
Yes, to get to that bolt you just need to move the wheel inwards a bit. You could remove the wheel entirely but then you would need a jack to hold up the rear. I was able to move it in enough to get a socket in between the belt drive spokes, then adjust the wheel back out and align belt.

· Registered
93 Posts
New around here, got confused about starting a new topic so..... The day I brought it home. Never rode a street before, no test ride, wanted a domestic cruiser and not a HD. Had to be an Indian scout no if and or buts about it. View attachment 647998
Great choice. Scout is in a category of 1. Not a 900 pound cruiser and versatile to do many things well. I recently looked at the Chief and a Vintage at a dealer and couldn’t imagine myself on one.

6601 - 6620 of 7805 Posts