Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1055465 Views 7796 Replies 901 Participants Last post by  Zolkalf
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
6521 - 6540 of 7797 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Is it just the angle of the photo or does it hang down lower than the stock horn?
It does hang down a little lower. The stock horn is just circular and the Denali is circular with a V shaped piece that you are supposed to aim down.
If facing up I believe water would collect in it. In the first picture you see the shape of the horn.

· Registered
1,746 Posts
I got a Progressive front springs installed yesterday. Noticeable difference. Very pleased.

Today I took a look ride to test them further. I rode through a pretty scary neighborhood.

View attachment 639959

;-)

I put Progressive springs on a 2017 Scout 60 that I used to have, best investment for ride comfort, stopped what felt like was the front tire bouncing along, instead of rolling. Roads are crap here in Indiana and they have only gotten worse. They came out with the cartridge front forks in 2018, those helped the newer Scouts.

Reactions: Tabernash

· Registered
721 Posts
Took off my fender to repair a crack, under the tail light. Second fender, first one did exactly the same place and stress cracked all around the recess of the tail light housing. I know of at least 4 other people with this happening to them. Indian motorcycle will not replace the fender, bike is out of warranty. Anyone else had this happen to them??

· Registered
721 Posts
Yep, my guard’s cracked in the same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had seen a previous post of yours about your one cracking. Mine and a few others are around more under the bottom of the tail light. Starts from the cut out on the recess pressing for the tail light. Your one looks to have cracked right along the edge of the recess pressing then down the fender to the bottom. Please tell me, do you have the stock turn signals and all stock number plate hanger etc. I reckon they had a bad batch of rear fenders in 2016. Is that a custom paint job??. Cheers

· Registered
484 Posts
I had an aftermarket licence plate holder that was too heavy and caused the guard to split from the taillight to the edge.
I then had the guard repaired and painted but the welder ground off too much trying to make it look neat and the weld cracked, so I need to get the guard repainted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
12 Posts
ENGINE CODE 520320 (5) open circuit

I had a rear fender elimination kit installed, got rid of old turn signals, and went with Radiantz all in one, run, stop, turn LED under the fender. It works flawlessly. However, it keeps throwing this code. I tried the kill switch, ignition switch tactic going through 4 cycles, then after the 4th time, starting the bike and letting it run 30 seconds as that was to clear the light and the code. NO luck...............any advice? The LED is hooked up exactly per the directions and works perfect. Just want that nasty exclamation point light gone and the CK ENGINE code as well.. 2017 indian scout thanks
Just replaced rear tire, also installed Denali sound bomb. Mid ride today got same code. Thank you for helping. The get rid of code sequence didn’t work for me either… :unsure:

· Registered
2019 Scout ABS
39 Posts
I just installed a Custom Dynamics Triple Play brake light modulator. It converts the turn signals to running lights and brake lights as well as their normal turn signals. The center normal brake light flashes 4 times before going solid bright. The turn signals go bright like the brake light and don't flash, just go bright when the brake is applied. Pretty easy install, but hard to find a place to securely mount the module under the seat.

6521 - 6540 of 7797 Posts