Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

6281 - 6300 of 6409 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
About 0300 hrs this morning I put the '1921 Beach Bars' and Avon grips on my wide's ride, "Ms Layla". So named cuz the wife unit laid her down the second day she had her.
This almost happened to me on day one! I had the bike resting on the kickstand and shifted the front end to strap a forkbag on, when all the sudden the kickstand folded in on itself! Fortunately I was there to catch the bike before it laid itself down in the garage, so I shimmied over and put the kickstand back down. It didn't take me long to get out the grinder and open up the angle.

Anyway, great looking bike so far! Blacking out the other items on the handlebars will really tie the look together.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have found her Scout's kickstand to be tricky. I parked it on a very shallow incline in the driveway, got off, she started rolling forward, kickstand went up ... boom!

But I had just put the H&B crash bars on. Lol.

On another note ... I dunno what kind of wheel bearings Indian uses but that thing will roll forever. I'd almost swear it would roll up hill.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Agree. Frankly I think it works especially well in that color. I wouldn't say the same on a black scout, TBH.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Put black Kury levers on, waiting for the black and round mirrors she wanted.

And put the Kuryakin heel shifter on. Unfortunately, it is not designed to play nice with floorboards and crash bars. Adjusted the shift linkage so the toe shifter will just clear the crash bars, and the heel shifter is still way too low. Gonna try to rotate the boards as far as I can with it still reasonable and see if she can reach it. Prolly gonna have to just take it off.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,852 Posts
Finally got a problem fixed that I've been working on for 3 years. When installed the retro taillight, there was a flicker and chassis fault light on. No big deal, but to fix was going to be a chore. Last year, I got a new harness to remove flicker but never got around to it until today. New mechanic in town has reset for fault and new part installed. AND ... NO FLICKER and NO FAULT LIGHT on!!!!(Also, he only charged $40 to rewire new harness and check engine.
Since I had to take the bags off to do the work, I decided to keep off for a while. Thought the bolts needed something...how about gold?
DSCF0815.JPG

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got a friend that is modifying a 1981 HD Sportster and is interested in this style of saddle. He'd like to know if they're comfortable. How's yours for comfort?
Haven’t actually ridden with the new seat yet- just tried it on in the garage. I’ll let you know after I put some miles on it this weekend.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,852 Posts
I've got a friend that is modifying a 1981 HD Sportster and is interested in this style of saddle. He'd like to know if they're comfortable. How's yours for comfort?
I have had Sportsters until I got the Scout. I have always put a Corbin seat on as they're more comfortable than stock Sportster or Scout. Now that I have the spring seat, I wish I had put it on the Sportster. Rides and feels great - don't feel the bumps from poor stock shocks on either bike. Just as comfortable as Corbin. Mine is a MotherRoad Custom seat.

6281 - 6300 of 6409 Posts