Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

6261 - 6280 of 6383 Posts

·
Rider
394 Posts
I switched out the stock bars for Bobber bars but found I had to lean forward just a bit too much . I like the look and handling of the Bobber bars and also found that I had no more numbness in my right hand . So in order to be comfortable the bars had to come up and back some . Risers were the answer , so a little measuring and idea crunching and I came up with these , my risers bring the bars up and back an inch and a half . While I was at it I incorporated a light bar into the risers which also allows me to use the stock shield when I desire to use it . Criticism accepted ...........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I switched out the stock bars for Bobber bars but found I had to lean forward just a bit too much . I like the look and handling of the Bobber bars and also found that I had no more numbness in my right hand . So in order to be comfortable the bars had to come up and back some . Risers were the answer , so a little measuring and idea crunching and I came up with these , my risers bring the bars up and back an inch and a half . While I was at it I incorporated a light bar into the risers which also allows me to use the stock shield when I desire to use it . Criticism accepted ...........
If you move the bobber bars up and back....aren't you now exactly where you started with stock bars?!?

I like the LOOKS of the bobbers......but the ride and ergos of the standard.

Your bike looks good! Fun to work on it, isn't it? Always rewarding when we get it "right"!

Are those little driving lights?!?

·
Rider
394 Posts
If you move the bobber bars up and back....aren't you now exactly where you started with stock bars?!?

I like the LOOKS of the bobbers......but the ride and ergos of the standard.

Your bike looks good! Fun to work on it, isn't it? Always rewarding when we get it "right"!

Are those little driving lights?!?
I wanted to try different bars , the stock one caused my hands to go numb and I wanted a lower look as well .
I like the look of the stock Scout over the bobber and seeing I have a full Machine shop to work with nothing ventured nothing gained .
Those lights are Denali D2's nice and bright.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Installed my eagle gen 2 halo headlight, mother road customs tractor seat (hidden by my helmet unfortunately) and snapped a pic after the ride to work!
Love the look of the tractor seats Mother Road puts out, but I'm leery of dropping that much on a seat I can't try out first. (Have the 1920's seat and the position it puts me in has me leaning to far forward to reach the bars). How does the tractor seat position compare with the 1920's or the stock solo seat on a Scout? (preferably a scout and not a bobber seat if possible)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Replaced rear wheel speed sensor and ABS finally works. Not a difficult work, but I glad that it was cost to me only ~$40 instead of $135+: good guys from Germany on Ebay was selling this sensor sealed, in original Polaris package.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I wanted to try different bars , the stock one caused my hands to go numb and I wanted a lower look as well .
I like the look of the stock Scout over the bobber and seeing I have a full Machine shop to work with nothing ventured nothing gained .
Those lights are Denali D2's nice and bright.
Nice!
I have a buddy with a machine shop! Wish I had my own lathe and mill....but I can gain access.

I never thought of driving lights up high....my wife is afraid to ride after dark because of the super curvy roads. We need better visibility around corners and I thought some extra lights would help.

·
Rider
394 Posts
Nice!
I have a buddy with a machine shop! Wish I had my own lathe and mill....but I can gain access.

I never thought of driving lights up high....my wife is afraid to ride after dark because of the super curvy roads. We need better visibility around corners and I thought some extra lights would help.
Extra lighting never hurts . A lot of my riding is after work so most of the time Im coming home in the dark . Those Denalis saved my ass a few times ... damn whitetails

·
Rider
680 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice!

I have Denali D2s on my Scout as I work nights and ride every day in the dark. The are great. I've got a write up on it here somewhere.
I have Denali DRLs on the Bobber more for visibility but they do help a little at night.

·
Registered
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
376 Posts
I always thought that the round indented portion of the front pulley cover was just begging for some eye candy. So I bought this off of Eric at Vic Baggers. I believe it's intended to be a cam cover for the Thunderstroke 111 motors, but it's diameter of 3.5" makes it a perfect addition to the Scout pulley cover. I hand painted the letters and numbers to match other accents on my bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
@JustinScout, we think alike about the pulley cover, I just haven't found anything to fit there yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
About 0300 hrs this morning I put the '1921 Beach Bars' and Avon grips on my wide's ride, "Ms Layla". So named cuz the wife unit laid her down the second day she had her.

My wife has been riding 20 years and traded her Victory Bagger on her last Spring. She started ordering parts the first week, ie creating work for me. So far she has ...
  • windshield
  • floor boards
  • saddle bags
  • luggage rack
  • beach bars and Avon grips
  • H&B crash bars

... and with toe-heel shifter, round and black mirrors, black levers, and slip-ons still to do. Looks pretty sweet so far. She was our first Indian.

6261 - 6280 of 6383 Posts