Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

6241 - 6260 of 6295 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Installed DeanSpeed Drag bars today! Absolutely loving the look, we'll soon find out how my back feels about them...

Great experience with my order, timely delivery, good communication, quality product, everything I ordered came correctly. Will be throwing up a diy video on my YouTube channel soon, and a followup review video at some point.

Check out my Indian Scout Bobber YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC4JfB6Jax9g8A2SGQTeXhrA

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
What exhaust is that
Supertrapp's.....posted on page 307 of this thread with video sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today went for the first 500 mile check up... passed with flying colors... cost wasnt bad at all compared some post mentioning the "ouch" cost of first 500 mile check in... extremely happy... I was riding a little conservative because of the break in aspect... but now I am planning some awesome rides... Lots of nice 2 lane backroads here in Idaho to Montana; to Oregon; to Washington, great for cruizing... My local dealership did a great job and am happy that (i hope) will not be a-holes as I had feared to be... if that makes sense... Life is good... ride on...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Changed the oil filter of my Scout this Easter morning, which turned out to be a bad idea because always takes me twice as long as it should; so I was an hour late to a family gathering at my dads house.

Had been 10 months and 10,000 miles since last time.
Dread it every time because I still haven’t come up with the perfect drain pan. Using one from Harley Davidson that’s far too shallow, had to wrap duct tape around the outer edge to prevent overspill. I was going to use gasket maker but I would need to build up a tall wall. And the thing is just too darn big (width & length) to begin with.
As a suggestion, start buying oil in the larger 5 qt bottles or if you know someone that has some... cut out part of the side and use that for a drain pan... just make sure you have the cap on... then when done unscrew the cap and pour into another bottle, preferably of the same size... , for storage or transporting to somewhere they take used oil... I think AutoZone may still take some...
if nothing else... you would know that you have a container that has the capacity for holding the oil coming out... just 2 cents...

·
Bronze member
2,008 Posts
suggestion, start buying oil in the larger 5 qt bottles or if you know someone that has some... cut out part of the side and use that for a drain pan
Sorry to say I wouldn’t do that again, that’s exactly what I did before I bought the Harley Davidson pan.

What happened was that the very warm oil softened the plastic so much that when I went to pick it up to pour into a bucket it flopped around too much and I spilt quite a bit. Maybe it wouldn’t have been such a mess if I’d been a little smarter but it was one of those kind of things where I started to do it and didn’t stop.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been busy on my Sixty. I think I'm done until I upgrade eventually...
  • Trimmed the front and rear fender.
  • Added Rizoma run/brake/turn signals to the rear.
  • Installed 10" Dean Speed low ball bars. Had to trim the windshield a bit.
  • Added Progressive springs up front. What a difference, makes me happy.
  • Installed fork boots after replacing front springs.
  • Installed a black speedo bezel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've been busy on my Sixty. I think I'm done until I upgrade eventually...
  • Trimmed the front and rear fender.
  • Added Rizoma run/brake/turn signals to the rear.
  • Installed 10" Dean Speed low ball bars. Had to trim the windshield a bit.
  • Added Progressive springs up front. What a difference, makes me happy.
  • Installed fork boots after replacing front springs.
  • Installed a black speedo bezel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Great looking bike. Really tasteful mods. It passes my "could have been factory" sniff test

·
Bronze member
2,008 Posts
please avoid replying here, I wasn’t thinking of the clutter possibilities!!! I already know your sympathies would be shared, so no need. :giggle: And thank you.

Wrecked it (Sunday). Surgery to add a rod to the “clean break” of my shin (tibia) bone and smaller one next to that, was today (Monday).

No idea of the moments leading up to the accident, only the sudden appearance of brake lights too close ahead of me just after I switched to the left lane for a upcoming left turn.

Heavy traffic at about 50 mph with 55 limit. Can only guess car I hit moved over when I did and I could have been double checking to see that no one was moving over too close behind me.

Slid sideways, still upright, maybe slowing to 25-30 mph.

Couple broken ribs, bruised lung and bleeding liver too. Bad chest pain made leg seem secondary.

Convinced to stop riding, might only keep my Scout for a souvenir of good times.

When I was leaving ICU a motorcyclist (someone carried helmet in) was being admitted. He wasn’t able to talk from hurting so much.
And get this... just overheard people in other corner room talking and the question was asked ‘what motorcycle do you have’. That guy has been in pain since earlier tonight, at least sounds worse, heard pelvis mentioned among other things. Makes me feel lucky. Doubting my mind will change during the 6 to 8 weeks of healing.

Sorry to be a dark cloud in this otherwise happy message thread. Just felt it needed saying here as much as anywhere, I had my Scout just the way I wanted it.

Reactions: cshind
6241 - 6260 of 6295 Posts