Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

6221 - 6240 of 6296 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Picked up my scout from freedom performance exhaust. Combat 2-1. This thing is sweet but freaking loud .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do they make a baffle to quiet the exhaust down? Love the look but I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood- have a feeling they would not be happy with me adding that to my bobber.

·
Bronze member
2,008 Posts
Changed the oil filter of my Scout this Easter morning, which turned out to be a bad idea because always takes me twice as long as it should; so I was an hour late to a family gathering at my dads house.

Had been 10 months and 10,000 miles since last time.
Dread it every time because I still haven’t come up with the perfect drain pan. Using one from Harley Davidson that’s far too shallow, had to wrap duct tape around the outer edge to prevent overspill. I was going to use gasket maker but I would need to build up a tall wall. And the thing is just too darn big (width & length) to begin with.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Changed the oil filter of my Scout this Easter morning, which turned out to be a bad idea because always takes me twice as long as it should; so I was an hour late to a family gathering at my dads house.

Had been 10 months and 10,000 miles since last time.
Dread it every time because I still haven’t come up with the perfect drain pan. Using one from Harley Davidson that’s far too shallow, had to wrap duct tape around the outer edge to prevent overspill. I was going to use gasket maker but I would need to build up a tall wall. And the thing is just too darn big (width & length) to begin with.
i just use a decent sized metal casserole pan works great for me. but i also use a big bucket to hold oil i need to get rid of so pouring it out is a cake walk.

·
Bronze member
2,008 Posts
metal casserole pan works great
Yeah gee, you know, that is probably the way to go.

I got into the idea of drain pans that hold the oil as a container, not just for draining into it, years ago and that worked fairly well for my car(s). Then I ran over the drain spout of one, left it sitting too close to the car, and the other wouldn't fit under the Scout (on kickstand) to get to the drain plugs. That's how I ended up with the HD pan.
I've been using (3) plastic buckets with lids for the old oil to take to a local collection site, just not always pouring the pan/container out immediately into those.

So thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try next time. I think the reason I was avoiding a cooking pan was because I tried a simple foil pan before and it flexed too much when trying to lift, move and pour.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah gee, you know, that is probably the way to go.

I got into the idea of drain pans that hold the oil as a container, not just for draining into it, years ago and that worked fairly well for my car(s). Then I ran over the drain spout of one, left it sitting too close to the car, and the other wouldn't fit under the Scout (on kickstand) to get to the drain plugs. That's how I ended up with the HD pan.
I've been using (3) plastic buckets with lids for the old oil to take to a local collection site, just not always pouring the pan/container out immediately into those.

So thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try next time. I think the reason I was avoiding a cooking pan was because I tried a simple foil pan before and it flexed too much when trying to lift, move and pour.
cant blame ya using one of those foil pans will give you ptsd after trying to move one full of oil. only thing i found with the one i use is i need to drain the 2 plugs first dump it. then i can do the oil filter with zero spillage. its also nice because its more then low profile enough i can do it all on the kick stand and just stand the bike up once its draining to make sure i get it all out.

·
Premium Member
2021 Indian Scout Bobber Sixty
91 Posts
Didn't really do anything to the Scout itself but I did finally bolt the chock to the trailer with self locking nuts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do they make a baffle to quiet the exhaust down? Love the look but I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood- have a feeling they would not be happy with me adding that to my bobber.
Yes, They want me to ride it at least another 50 to 100 miles and if its too loud still, will take it back to them to install Quiet baffles.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Went ahead and install the Barnett Clutch Cable on my 2018 Sixty. It is a little more of a slight pull but otherwise no complaints . She shifts good.

·
German Rider
1,678 Posts
Installed the EndsCuoio bag on wife's Scout....

Screenshot_2021-04-06-16-03-54-411_com.simplemobiletools.gallery_1.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-16-03-48-719_com.simplemobiletools.gallery_1.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-16-03-41-367_com.simplemobiletools.gallery_1.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-06-16-03-32-422_com.simplemobiletools.gallery_1.jpg

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber
28 Posts
Picked up my scout from freedom performance exhaust. Combat 2-1. This thing is sweet but freaking loud .

I think the Combat 2-1 is by far the best looking exhaust for that bike! I like the all black tip. If you ever want to lower the volume a bit, they make a quiet baffle for this. Still damn loud even with that installed!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw the LSL levers on your video for the first time and ordered some after that (Ergonia black and gold). Thanks for turning me on to these!!
Heck yeah man! The customizable color options and the fact that the length is adjustable makes these Levers the best imo. And they don't reuse the brake actuator piece that so many people have issues with removing to use the joker levers.

Check out my Indian Scout Bobber YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC4JfB6Jax9g8A2SGQTeXhrA

6221 - 6240 of 6296 Posts