Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

6201 - 6220 of 6293 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Started with taking the dust cover off. Hadn't messed with it since getting my RM DH.

Put on the bronze gauge ring. Took off my passenger pegs. Which I'm looking to sell. Cheap of course, plus shipping. Along with the passenger seat or separately.

Then went for a quick rip. It's the first time riding it since being on my RM the past month +. It's feels tiny and way faster.

View attachment 628308

View attachment 628309

View attachment 628310

View attachment 628311
I’m looking to take off my passenger pegs too when I do my pipes. What did you use to fill the holes?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Installed Custom Dynamics Pro Beam front driving lights / turn signals which are an AWESOME plug and play to give you better visibility to drivers.... then HATED the way my yellow headlight looked so I grabbed an LED bulb replacement and installed so the 'white light' would match (didn't want full LED headlight I like the retro look)

·
Registered
'18 Bronze Bobber, '21 Bronze RMDH
67 Posts
I’m looking to take off my passenger pegs too when I do my pipes. What did you use to fill the holes?
There is nothing specific. You could put screws back in.

When bikes come new there is nothing they have in there to keep threads clean. So, anyone looking to add pegs really should use a tiny brush to clean it out before throwing the screws in.

·
Bronze member
2,008 Posts
take off my passenger pegs too when I do my pipes. What did you use to fill the holes?
This is what I did, link to message, found “set screws” on Home Depot website.

As it turns out Blue Loctite is definitely a good idea, almost lost one without it.
And they could’ve been longer, just not needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed vance n hines slipons the other day. Today I tested them when I took the bike out for the first ride of this season.
Huge improvement in sound but I haven't decided yet if I will go with the quiet baffles or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Upgraded the stock fork springs to Progressive brand with same brand fork oil. No more instant fork drive when I barely touch the front brakes!

Cheap and worthy mod.
If you did the install, how did you go about it? I’m doing the same thing later on this summer when I change out the fork oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you did the install, how did you go about it? I’m doing the same thing later on this summer when I change out the fork oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paid $177 to Stone’s customs here in MA! But, there is a YouTube video of someone doing it at home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed Custom Dynamics Pro Beam front driving lights / turn signals which are an AWESOME plug and play to give you better visibility to drivers.... then HATED the way my yellow headlight looked so I grabbed an LED bulb replacement and installed so the 'white light' would match (didn't want full LED headlight I like the retro look)
View attachment 628394 View attachment 628395
hi, do you have a link for LED bulb?
View attachment 628394 View attachment 628395
Hi, do you have the link or where to buy the LED bulb replacement? I just got an Indian and want people to see me. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Started with taking the dust cover off. Hadn't messed with it since getting my RM DH.

Put on the bronze gauge ring. Took off my passenger pegs. Which I'm looking to sell. Cheap of course, plus shipping. Along with the passenger seat or separately.

Then went for a quick rip. It's the first time riding it since being on my RM the past month +. It's feels tiny and way faster.

View attachment 628308

View attachment 628309

View attachment 628310

View attachment 628311

View attachment 628308
What are your thoughts on that Ram Mount?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Upgraded the stock fork springs to Progressive brand with same brand fork oil. No more instant fork drive when I barely touch the front brakes!

Cheap and worthy mod.
That's the first thing I did when I got my Scout.
Added Ness fully adjustable rear shocks and the bike handles like a sport bike in the curves. I just wish I had more ground clearance.
I'm constantly scraping pegs, and I have the bike jacked up as high as possible.

·
Registered
'18 Bronze Bobber, '21 Bronze RMDH
67 Posts
What are your thoughts on that Ram Mount?
I like it. I have the iPhone SE (original version which is the iPhone 5 body size) and even in the rugged case, the mount holds it fine. It's the same one that Indian has had cobranded on their site, but cheaper because it doesn't have the Indian logo. Think I got it from cycle gear.

·
Registered
895 Posts
That's the first thing I did when I got my Scout.
Added Ness fully adjustable rear shocks and the bike handles like a sport bike in the curves. I just wish I had more ground clearance.
I'm constantly scraping pegs, and I have the bike jacked up as high as possible.
Not being handy, I waited until the oil was scheduled to be replace, and had to hire it out. Probably should have done it sooner. Only got a few minutes on it before the cold returned to New England.

6201 - 6220 of 6293 Posts