Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057354 Views 7803 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  Beej
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
6161 - 6180 of 7804 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
Is that the Corbin Brave? Was looking into that but my wife is worried she'll fall right off the back (and she's relatively small nonetheless). Any comments from your passenger?
No, I actually got the dual touring saddle. I just put it on a few weeks ago so that my wife could have a backrest. I had the Indian touring passenger seat before and she couldn’t go without the back support. She hasn’t been able to try it out yet though due to some bad weather days and work conflicts.

· Registered
82 Posts
Is that the Corbin Brave? Was looking into that but my wife is worried she'll fall right off the back (and she's relatively small nonetheless). Any comments from your passenger?
I have the brave on my bobber sixty. I had the same concerns but my girlfriend stated she doesn’t slide at all!!

· Registered
235 Posts
I have the brave on my bobber sixty. I had the same concerns but my girlfriend stated she doesn’t slide at all!! View attachment 626863
Man what a beautiful saddle. From that angle it complements the lines of the bike so well...
I’m really debating on the brave. The paint is so fragile a guy might as well cover it
I plan to put down some paint protection film on the fender to help protect it. It doesn't appear the Brave does much in that regard

· Registered
470 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
Put on some Nitron R1 shocks on my 2017 S60 and got to test them a bit for almost a couple hundred miles during a poker run. These come preloaded to your weight and passenger weight (if you have one) and also have a rebound/dampering adjuster.

First impressions are that I like them and they are a noticeable improvement over stock. The road in general feels much softer and they provide a more cushioned ride. Smaller bumps are hardly noticeable and hard bumps/holes less jarring than before. I think with more fine tuning to the rebound/dampening adjustments they might be even better in this regard.

I also noticed a significant change in handling. They did raise the bike a little and I could tell the difference though I don’t know exactly by how much. I’ve learned with bikes even a few millimeters can be noticeable. Turning and leaning also feels so much better and more planted or firm? I don’t really know how to explain it but I feel even more confident taking corners at higher speeds. I didn’t expect that new shocks would do that lol, but I don’t know much about suspension. Either way I’m a happy camper and I mainly got them for two-up riding so I hope they really make it better for my passenger.
View attachment 626634
That's awesome, I've been eyeballing the Nitrons because they come in turquoise...

Check out my Indian Scout Bobber YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC4JfB6Jax9g8A2SGQTeXhrA

· Premium Member
2021 Indian Scout Bobber Sixty
127 Posts
Hold up, Torque app works? How does it communicate? I've used Torque app on my Audi S4, but it has an OBD2 bluetooth dongle...

Check out my Indian Scout Bobber YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC4JfB6Jax9g8A2SGQTeXhrA

Yes sir. Autko found the pinout for the GT150 plug and we made adapters for OBD2

It works great.

· Registered
470 Posts
Yes sir. Autko found the pinout for the GT150 plug and we made adapters for OBD2

It works great.
That's super cool, I'm not certain I am qualified to create my own adapter though lol. Would work great with my new phone mount setup though! I'd be most interested in a large tach/shift light!

· Premium Member
2021 Indian Scout Bobber Sixty
127 Posts
Any chance you could do a write-up with pics or videos for us? I'd be most interested to see precisely how this was done, and follow in your brave footsteps sir!
Yes sir, I could do that. I'll order a couple more plugs and do a picture progress. It'll take a bit to get the plugs in but I'll get it out.

· Registered
1,748 Posts
Very nice job tying the warbonnet to the white wall tires, really breaks up all that black, good looking Scout.

· Rider
1,484 Posts
Very nice job tying the warbonnet to the white wall tires, really breaks up all that black, good looking Scout.
The war bonnet is actually silver, but the way the sun is shining on it, it "looks white"...

probably tomorrow I'm calling Brianna to get a new white decal so I can lay it on the tank...

OR, remove the silver decal and leave the entire bike black 🤔

· Bronze member
2,000 Posts
Rear axle didn’t have an E-clip “ring” on the nut side so added a 3/4 inch one from Lowe’s (Home Depot only had sizes up to 5/8).
Made a guess on what size to get, digital caliper said 14.95 mm on groove. 5/8 inch was too small.
The 3/4 inch doesn’t fit tight, not sure it’s supposed to, but it took plenty of force to press on.

I only noticed there wasn’t one on my axle to begin with when I was changing the mufflers and working on the baffles.
Apparently some other early Scout owners didn’t have one on theirs either, from what I found in a search about that.
I was thinking maybe they went missing after a tire change.

I would’ve ordered a ring from Indian parts but it would’ve cost $11.

Anyone with one know if theirs fits tight or loose?
Just thinking it is sure to be spinning around and around while riding.

6161 - 6180 of 7804 Posts