Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057285 Views 7802 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  K9F
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
6061 - 6080 of 7803 Posts

· Premium Member
127 Posts
Added front wiring cover to my bobber to complete the facelift when riding without fairing. Installed vertical license plate.
View attachment 624695
View attachment 624696

It would be nice if states offered both horizontal and vertical plates for motorcycles. Not sure about NC, but in WA if you fly it in any direction besides horizontal....$157. IMO looks so much better vertical on a Bobber.

· Registered
83 Posts
It would be nice if states offered both horizontal and vertical plates for motorcycles. Not sure about NC, but in WA if you fly it in any direction besides horizontal....$157. IMO looks so much better vertical on a Bobber.
I actually don't think it's 'legal'. I asked a LEO buddy of mine (who rides) and he basically said the cop would have to be very bored to pull you for it unless you were riding like an ass. But who knows... I did keep everything to switch back if needed :)

· Premium Member
127 Posts
I actually don't think it's 'legal'. I asked a LEO buddy of mine (who rides) and he basically said the cop would have to be very bored to pull you for it unless you were riding like an ass. But who knows... I did keep everything to switch back if needed :)

I wholeheartedly agree. That would be a fairly "chickenshit", but legal, stop. Unfortunately, the obvious violation would make you open to a stop at any cops whim. Around here you can be in 6 different LE jurisdictions within 15 miles, some of them are not so busy :( and have plenty of time.

Not advocating against it, I like the look, but around here I am just trying to avoid the potential hassle.

· Rider
1,245 Posts
I have a vertical plate as well. I got pulled over leaving my neighborhood on my way to work. Cop was a dick and thought I turned in front of a pedestrian crossing the street. But he didn't see that the pedestrian gave me the nod to go ahead. so since he couldn't get me on that, he decided to attack me with the plate being improperly displayed. he said "here in America, we read from right to left. FROM RIGHT TO LEFT." I said, "you must be from China. Cuz here in America, we read from left to right. FROM LEFT TO RIGHT." he didn't like that and asked for my registration and I handed it to him. He wasn't happy that I forgot to bag it and it looked like it had gone through the wash. He gave me a ticket for the plate. And pulled me over 3 other times after that, giving me shit to fix it. He's a dick and patrols my street just about every morning. So I have to change up the direction I leave my neighborhood everyday.

I have talked to numerous LEO's and none of them cared and said the dudes just one of "those guys." 2 even knew who he was and said, "Yup, he's a dick"

· Registered
83 Posts
I have a vertical plate as well. I got pulled over leaving my neighborhood on my way to work. Cop was a dick and thought I turned in front of a pedestrian crossing the street. But he didn't see that the pedestrian gave me the nod to go ahead. so since he couldn't get me on that, he decided to attack me with the plate being improperly displayed. he said "here in America, we read from right to left. FROM RIGHT TO LEFT." I said, "you must be from China. Cuz here in America, we read from left to right. FROM LEFT TO RIGHT." he didn't like that and asked for my registration and I handed it to him. He wasn't happy that I forgot to bag it and it looked like it had gone through the wash. He gave me a ticket for the plate. And pulled me over 3 other times after that, giving me shit to fix it. He's a dick and patrols my street just about every morning. So I have to change up the direction I leave my neighborhood everyday.

I have talked to numerous LEO's and none of them cared and said the dudes just one of "those guys." 2 even knew who he was and said, "Yup, he's a dick"
Sigh. There are so many good and decent and reasonable LEO's out there, but also a lot of dicks like every other profession I guess...

· Registered
15 Posts
I have two shaft drive bikes. The Bobber is my first belt driven machine. The belt was out of specs for deflection and was riding right. I adjusted and went on a couple mile jaunt. I think I might have this figured out!

View attachment 621673
It’s not fun, you think you have it go for a ride and back to the start.

· Registered
699 Posts
My old lady wanted to start riding more so I got the Indian passenger touring seat, but longer rides didn’t work well for her without back support. Hard bags limited my options so I got a new corbin dual touring saddle. I think the look and color scheme is actually better on my bike with the new seat and the it feels more supportive for me as well compared to the solo brave seat I had.

Old seat set up.

· Registered
2020 Indian Scout Jade Green and Thunder Black
312 Posts
I really like to indulge my wife so for Christmas I got her 2 premium large leather saddle bags from US Saddlebags. They are beautiful, and a perfect match to the Indian leather seat.
For Valentines Day I gave her a genuine Indian Motorcycle Company color-matched quick release fairing. I know, pricey and a bit extravagant but when it comes to Mrs. Engine, no expense can be spared. Today I put them on.

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Wheel
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Luggage and bags Bag Comfort Material property Automotive design

Unfortunately she doesn’t have a motorcycle. But all is not lost.
They are a perfect fit for my Indian Scout!

6061 - 6080 of 7803 Posts