Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1054468 Views 7796 Replies 901 Participants Last post by  Zolkalf
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
41 - 60 of 7797 Posts

· Founding Member
1,978 Posts

· Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
chocked up the scout, lifted it and removed lower left shock bolt and added a stainless washer so i hopefully dont end up with the "bent shock" syndrome...........

· Registered
427 Posts
Installed 11"mirror extenuation of course. Last Sunday actually. Road all week with my own bars on my new Scout. So comfy and what an attitude changer.

Got ur new vanity plates - AZZKIKR

· Registered
427 Posts
installed some inexpensive View attachment 18842 View attachment 18843 55 watt halogen driving lights but holding off on the wiring until i decide if like them well enough
I like them, I'm just thinking the location of the directionals seem out of sorts. Any way to mount them below the driving lights?

Which lights are those? Do you have a hyperlink for us?

· Registered
1,671 Posts
I've look on Leatherworks' Indian Scout page here and don't see a "Model 125BO"...
That was the part number on my invoice. It may be new and Aimee has yet to post it to her site. She is helpful and a call to her (after 10 am Pacific on Sat) could be a good move.

· Registered
174 Posts
I think most folks are very happy with the stock seat. I probably am a little bit heaver than the average Scout rider a smidge over 200lbs. As long as a smidge = the weight of an average 5 year old. I liked the look of the stock seat a lot. My backside didn't like the stock seat. After an hour I was less than happy with the stock seat. The tractor seat is working for me... so far. I have about 400 on it and I like it a lot. I'm just not sure if my ass makes the seat look small. Maybe I should ask someone.

Your reupholstered seat looks pretty sweet too, how's the ride? You have a pretty clear vision with your Scout. It's awesome. While I really like most of the things that you're doing. That Dirty Bird fairing is just not my taste. To each his own. And who am I to judge I've got a giant stupid chrome horn front and center on my Scout.
I'm always looking forward to see what you are doing to your Scout. Keep the picture coming.
I also am a big guy. I have a 2016 Indian Red Scout on order. I was at the dealer recently just sitting on a 2015 and a lady suggested (unsolicited) the bike was too small for me. As a novice rider I appreciate the light bike and both feet flat on the ground at a stop. Do you feel the bike is too small for your frame?

· Premium Member
271 Posts
Installed these Magazis. Only $80 for the pair! No plastic parts. Insanely solid and they come with an assortment of adapters including the 10MM standard thread for the Indian Scout. I love them. Super low profile, reach out left and right to show me everything past my shoulders, and they're flat black so they blend into my entire look but are also offered in a huge assortment of colors on their direct site. Let me know if you have any questions. These mirrors are amazing and should cost way more.

Lynwood Motoplex aka North Sound Indian also swapped my tank due to the paint issue recall. Leaving the logos off the tank. I love the blank look until a cool decal or paint job comes along.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

41 - 60 of 7797 Posts