Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

5681 - 5700 of 5783 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Correct just a heat shield, very effective.
Ebay and amazon have them. There is a very good thread on this forum about them
Sorry, that was a case of the brain going faster than the typing. I had meant to ask what brand is it...
I found some that appear to be the same on Amazon that have names/descriptions such as, "
Qiilu Universal Motorcycle Hole Heat-shield Muffler Exhaust Pipe Cover Heel Guard[Sliver]." Is this what you have?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Made time to put on the 10” mini apes and new grips, vans cult in oxblood, they are actually more maroon/crimson that the fugly red in these pics. I think they are complementary to my black bike.

These bars although not a vast difference do make these bikes more comfortable. I am sitting more upright placing less strain on the shoulders and lower back.

BB114F52-27A5-45FA-9CA9-AF96D810522F.jpeg
16B0A3FC-11DF-4DE5-B301-A1FFA344FA34.jpeg
35ADCDC8-FD09-4465-8EF1-F559F9F0F727.jpeg
9DD4F44D-4FD9-4A96-89AE-0A073F338374.jpeg

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Made time to put on the 10” mini apes and new grips, vans cult in oxblood, they are actually more maroon/crimson that the fugly red in these pics. I think they are complementary to my black bike.

These bars although not a vast difference do make these bikes more comfortable. I am sitting more upright placing less strain on the shoulders and lower back.

View attachment 609428 View attachment 609429 View attachment 609430 View attachment 609431
Really like the in pop of color w the grips, your new DS exhaust looks awesome too!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Been procrastinating a about fitting crash highway bars. A minor knock from behind , causing me to drop the Scout and replace a broken clutch lever and foot brake lever, has forced my hand.
went with these Dean Speed. Very pleased
I really like those, its a nice look, This guy makes attractive parts for our bikes and the quality is solid too!

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,843 Posts
Got both the FanMat saxmanic told of last week, and the new tail light today.

Tail light is from eBay sold by Gopher Bargains out of Minnesota.

Apparently a true fire sale item, description said it had been near a fire with only smoke damage to the box.
I believe it might’ve been in the parts department of a dealership that burned a year ago.
Found that out when I got curious about the description.

Condition appears perfectly new, only a slight smoke smell. Saved me $40-$50 not buying as new from a parts supplier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed some lowers from Clearview Shields. They stopped all the air rushing up from under the windshield. It's a dramatic improvement i couldn't be happier.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,429 Posts
I like the idea of a sprung saddle. I spent big bucks on a Corbin solo and while I like the contour better than the stock torture rack seat it's pretty hard and rough roads are beating my ass and crotch. Big bumps hurt my spine as well. I just wish there could be a sprung saddle with a bit more padding or even gel in it. As much as I like my Scout the seat is still not comfortable enough to ride it for very long.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Taking an idea I saw on this forum and doing a how to. I put the belt buckle in a different place than the original poster I saw but the concept is the same.

Here is the repurposing of a belt buckle to add a little bling. :)

Did the same. Just a little bit different.

5681 - 5700 of 5783 Posts