Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

5661 - 5680 of 5783 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
This wasn't today but just wanted to throw it up here on this thread (I can't recall if I've posted this before or not) This is the stock seat just got it re-upholstered with green double diamond stitching. I've heard a lot of people don't like the stock seat but I however find it fairly comfortable. I've taken road trips a little over 2 hours each way and I was fine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
This wasn't today but just wanted to throw it up here on this thread (I can't recall if I've posted this before or not) This is the stock seat just got it re-upholstered with green double diamond stitching. I've heard a lot of people don't like the stock seat but I however find it fairly comfortable. I've taken road trips a little over 2 hours each way and I was fine. View attachment 608784
Depends on the model year. The older stock seats were not the sport seats.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Depends on the model year. The older stock seats were not the sport seats.
I had a 2015 scout prior to my new one. I didnt like the look of that seat but comfort wise I didnt think it was bad at all. I ended up changing that one before strictly to get a 2-Up seat.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had a 2015 scout prior to my new one. I didnt like the look of that seat but comfort wise I didnt think it was bad at all. I ended up changing that one before strictly to get a 2-Up seat.
2 hours was mostly OK on it. I had problems after being on it all day (say, 6-8 hours).

·
Registered
28 Posts
2 hours was mostly OK on it. I had problems after being on it all day (say, 6-8 hours).
Unfortunately I've yet to take a trip anywhere near that. Most I did was just over 2 hours one way so it sounds like you may have more hours on that seat than I did. I could definitely see where a long 6-8 hour drive could be uncomfortable on that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This wasn't today but just wanted to throw it up here on this thread (I can't recall if I've posted this before or not) This is the stock seat just got it re-upholstered with green double diamond stitching. I've heard a lot of people don't like the stock seat but I however find it fairly comfortable. I've taken road trips a little over 2 hours each way and I was fine. View attachment 608784
When you got it re-upholstered did you add or alter the padding, or was it simply re-covering the seat?

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you got it re-upholstered did you add or alter the padding, or was it simply re-covering the seat?
That was the original plan but I wanted my seat back so I could ride as soon as possible so I just got it rewrapped. I do plan on doing that in the future though, maybe during December or January when I won't have a choice sometimes but to let the scout be parked

·
Registered
120 Posts
Took some little polymer spacers I had and a Dremel and switched to the ”GP shift” pattern. Always had sportbikes with this and it’s been driving me nuts since I bought the Bobber. Finally took a look at the linkage and determined it was possible.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Correct just a heat shield, very effective.
Ebay and amazon have them. There is a very good thread on this forum about them

5661 - 5680 of 5783 Posts