Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

5641 - 5660 of 5783 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is that the Mother Road Custom seat, or a different brand tractor seat? I’ve been thinking about one, but it is an expensive experiment.
It’s a mother roads great seat. I’ve had mine on my bobber since new and just rolled over 8500 miles. Worth every penny just make sure you get the gel pad when you order it

·
Registered
285 Posts
Added a little vinyl to my nacelle to try out an idea in my head. Really liking it actually. Also, not a terrible job for my first ever work with vinyl wrap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Nicely done! I like it!

·
Founding member
1,064 Posts
Is that the Mother Road Custom seat, or a different brand tractor seat? I’ve been thinking about one, but it is an expensive experiment.
What I have is the mother road seat. I've had it for about 5 years. In the intervening time I have modified the mounting system to work better for me. As I'm a taller guy I wanted to move the seat up and back with a little more of a backward tilt. My mods have made very it comfortable for me, but it became a expensive experiment. Beyond just the seat I have about another 5 bills in the mount. It was a lot of fun to figure out what I needed, experiment and get the parts to fit together the way I wanted. I'm sure this is more information than you wanted. Here's how it looks these days. It's a controversial look but It works really well for me.
DSC08972as.JPG aa4a.JPG 3c.JPG

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think I succesfully installed a clutch plate kit. I've never done mechanics before. Not even in shop class, so I'm still in thinking rather than knowing it's successful. Felt good to get on the bike again though, maybe a total of 3-4 weeks down, nearer 3 I think. I live on a moderately busy road and watching the bikes go by all day or hearing pipes while inside was terrible with the bike not running right. It isn't quite go out and take a good Saturday night ride but it's good enough to turn on some Robert Earl Keen because feeling good, feeling good again.

Why did you install a clutch plate kit? Mine has 500 miles on it and ever since the 500 mile service it's been whining like a MOFO. Indian wants more miles on it until they are willing to fix it. Dealer things it's something to do with the clutch pack...... Maybe I should just do this crap myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What I have is the mother road seat. I've had it for about 5 years. In the intervening time I have modified the mounting system to work better for me. As I'm a taller guy I wanted to move the seat up and back with a little more of a backward tilt. My mods have made very it comfortable for me, but it became a expensive experiment. Beyond just the seat I have about another 5 bills in the mount. It was a lot of fun to figure out what I needed, experiment and get the parts to fit together the way I wanted. I'm sure this is more information than you wanted. Here's how it looks these days. It's a controversial look but It works really well for me.
View attachment 608248 View attachment 608247 View attachment 608246
Nope, appreciate the info. I like the leaf spring look, I actually think I’ve seen it on a chopper before. VERY COOL!!
BTW, dig the pipes!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why did you install a clutch plate kit? Mine has 500 miles on it and ever since the 500 mile service it's been whining like a MOFO. Indian wants more miles on it until they are willing to fix it. Dealer things it's something to do with the clutch pack...... Maybe I should just do this crap myself.

i burnt my plates doing a hard and lengthy rev

it isn't a difficult job to replace the plates. just need correct tools and to replace as taken off.
good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A few weeks ago, put “Viking Lamellar Extra Large Leather Covered Non-Shock Cutout Saddlebags” on using Easy Brackets. Simple and straightforward instructions for the installation. So far, the bags have held up well.

·
Silver member
4,586 Posts
I stripped down quite a bit of the aftermarket stuff and then Sold It.
A bittersweet moment for me as this is an awesome bike; however, I found I wasn't riding it as much since buying my Chieftain so decided to let it go.

I went to gas the station to fill it up for the new owner; got one last compliment by an older gentleman which is always nice to hear; and then rode it one last time to deliver it to the new owner.
I do have to say; I've received far more compliments from people on my Scout than I've ever received for my Chieftain.
One of the best paint schemes IMO - Indian Red and Thunder Black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Impatiently waiting for my Memphis Shades gauntlet fairing to arrive. Hopefully should be here by end of week so it'll be installed over this coming weekend!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hopefully you remember to order the mounting bracket and the turn signal relocation kit with the gauntlet? I ordered the same for the Wife's Bobber, just the Gauntlet showed up. No hardware to mount it. Ordered the mounting hardware only to then find out you needed the turn signal relocation brackets as well. Why they don't include everything in the one kit, I don't know.

Impatiently waiting for my Memphis Shades gauntlet fairing to arrive. Hopefully should be here by end of week so it'll be installed over this coming weekend!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Memphis Shades page for the Gauntlet does show,
Trigger-Lock Mounting Hardware Sold Separately

Some fitments may require relocation of front turn signals.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,429 Posts
I will probably take a couple of short local rides this afternoon. I'm hoping that Airhawk seat cushion helps once I get it from Amazon tomorrow. These rough roads around here are beating my butt & crotch to death.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully you remember to order the mounting bracket and the turn signal relocation kit with the gauntlet? I ordered the same for the Wife's Bobber, just the Gauntlet showed up. No hardware to mount it. Ordered the mounting hardware only to then find out you needed the turn signal relocation brackets as well. Why they don't include everything in the one kit, I don't know.
I did get those ordered although the turn signal relocation kit will most likely only be temporary as I'm looking for different mounting options and turn signals.

5641 - 5660 of 5783 Posts