Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1055488 Views 7796 Replies 901 Participants Last post by  Zolkalf
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
5381 - 5400 of 7797 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
There are many LED headlights for the Scout, but to me most look futuristic and I wanted some thing that looked more old school. I replaced the stock bulb with an Osram HB2 DOT 9003 L bulb and it was brighter. I have Kuryakyn auxilliary lights and when one of the bulbs burnt out I replaced it with a H3 LED from SuperBriteLEDs. This made the headlight look yellow. So I purchased from Headlight Experts their H4 LED conversion kit. It comes with 2 bulbs for $99. The Scout headlight bucket is full of wires etc. It was a tight fit getting the LED in the bucket. I had to push the wires away and did not reinstall the rubber grommet that comes on the headlight. The LED puts out a very bright white light. The following pictures are the old bulb low, hi then LED low and hi.
Lawn Grass Lighting Yard House
Lighting Grass Lawn Yard Landscape

Attachments

· Registered
349 Posts
Looks potentially dangerous/blinding for anything coming from the other direction toward you.
If it does blind oncoming traffic obviously that is not good and I may have to take the bulb out. The bulbs come in a set of 2 and are also used in cars and I assume and hope not causing accidents. I don't ride that much at night but if I do and get flashed by oncoming traffic I'll know it is a problem and have to put the dim yellowish bulb back.

· Bronze member
3,800 Posts
you ever meet the new F-250's?... their lights look like they are on bright all the time... if you ride mostly in the day I wouldn't worry about it... as long as your head light is adjusted properly

· Rider
760 Posts
you ever meet the new F-250's?... their lights look like they are on bright all the time... if you ride mostly in the day I wouldn't worry about it... as long as your head light is adjusted properly
Those lights are 🔥🔥🔥. I’ve never had a Ford but I’m guess there only on certain models cuz I don’t see them on all the trucks. I didn’t even know it was 250 specific. Those type of lights only used to come on Audi’s and bmw’s and only in the headlight. Now everybody is perfecting them. And the Ford I saw the led’s weren’t even in the headlight. It was just all around the grill, like it was more of a looks thing more then anything. But it looked nice 👍🏽 . And yea mid day and the were BAF

5381 - 5400 of 7797 Posts