Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1058539 Views 7804 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  Master tech 1265
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
5361 - 5380 of 7805 Posts

· Bronze member
2,000 Posts
Reactions: Barker_The_Bobber

· Registered
48 Posts
Interesting.,,do you have to replace the quiet baffles?
I'll be replacing the fiberglass matting, but pulling those baffles out is a *****.

Anyways, enjoy the perfect sweet rumble! It's so nice with the quiet baffles in there.

edit: And those baffles deliver better performance in the lowend and midrange rpm thanks to better backpressure. We mostly drive within these ranges.
It improves torque with these straight pipes.

· Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,089 Posts
I decided to try Gmans bronze oilite gear change bushing to see if it would smooth out the changes when the box gets hot...easy to fit and very positive feedback from a short test ride. I look forward to a longer trip....anon
View attachment 598168
View attachment 598169
Nice! I had the first one Gary ever made, developed using my scout. He is awesome and makes great stuff.

· Registered
76 Posts
I would have sworn they were the Dean Speed Widow makers since you had the exhaust. How are those pipes BTW?
I considered those but the FMB bars looked a little better to me.
The exhaust looks/sounds good but when you're stopped the heat does start burning a little and I have to move my leg. When you're riding though you don't feel it

· Rider
1,147 Posts
I replaced my entire suspension.
Went with Arlen Mess on the rear because besides damp and rebound, I can change the height.

Up front, progressive and changed to 20w fork oil.

Overall a very spotty suspension. My wife's 2017 gives a more plush ride, but mine feels like a sport bike.

The 2017 and later shocks are good. Mine were 2015 and crap.
I'll sell you my old ones (maybe 10k miles on them) for $100!

· Registered
125 Posts
I decided to try Gmans bronze oilite gear change bushing to see if it would smooth out the changes when the box gets hot...easy to fit and very positive feedback from a short test ride. I look forward to a longer trip....anon
View attachment 598168
View attachment 598169
Over the last month shifting has become noticeably louder and clunkier after about an hour of riding. Is this smsimilar to what you were experiencing?

If so, how many miles/kilometers have you rode since installing and how noticeable have the changes been?

Thanks

5361 - 5380 of 7805 Posts