Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057311 Views 7802 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  K9F
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
5061 - 5080 of 7803 Posts

· Registered
373 Posts
The fender is a Klockwerks Klassic. I made the stays and supports. Not a difficult process - just knowing that you have to drill four holes in the fender can be unnerving.
i would expect that to be so. how did u attach the stays to the fork tubes.
i talked to KlockWerks about this a while back. they had the Redwing Boot Scout on display. they told me they would not be offering that fender with stays because it was too costly to produce.

· Registered
373 Posts
i would expect that to be so. how did u attach the stays to the fork tubes.
i talked to KlockWerks about this a while back. they had the Redwing Boot Scout on display. they told me they would not be offering that fender with stays because it was too costly to produce.
at the same time, they told me they would not be offering that tail lite u have either.
maybe that changed?

· Registered
273 Posts
Took another nice ride on it. I believe my Scout is finally done so I've been putting some miles on it. Memphis shades fairing, 1920 Seat, rear fender rack, mini apes, highway bars with pegs, saddlebags, radiator guard, Zippers intake, mufflers. The aftermarket LED rear brake/turn signals might have a fault so I'll have to check the wiring.

The pic was taken at Al's Gas Station, a local hangout complete with beer garden and boat dock. That's Covos Passage in the background with Vashon Island. It runs all along the west side of Vashon down almost to Tacoma.
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Asphalt Car

And across the street from Al's. During this ridiculous shutdown the locals buy beer and food at Al's and then gather across the street, bikers, boaters, kayakers, swimmers.
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

· Bronze member
2,000 Posts
Took another nice ride on it. I believe my Scout is finally done so I've been putting some miles on it. Memphis shades fairing, 1920 Seat, rear fender rack, mini apes, highway bars with pegs, saddlebags, radiator guard, Zippers intake, mufflers. The aftermarket LED rear brake/turn signals might have a fault so I'll have to check the wiring.

The pic was taken at Al's Gas Station, a local hangout complete with beer garden and boat dock. That's Covos Passage in the background with Vashon Island. It runs all along the west side of Vashon down almost to Tacoma. View attachment 591591
And across the street from Al's. During this ridiculous shutdown the locals buy beer and food at Al's and then gather across the street, bikers, boaters, kayakers, swimmers.
View attachment 591592
A fine looking (red) Scout, sir!

Must not be as good of a view at low tide. Google map:

Couldn’t say if I’ve ever been over that way, if so it was 40 or more years ago. Had been to Hood Canal anyhow.

Did you ride across Narrows Bridge? The map showed road construction going on.

· Registered
1,972 Posts
I liked your video... and a very clever solution! Can you provide a link or description for the spools? In case others want to give it a try! (Me for instance!). Had a quick look on eBay with no luck...
The spools are available through Indian Motorcycles, and there are some on eBay.
I believe a set of 4 cost $69. I was searching for quick release hardware.

Yesterday, I added drink holders to our bags.
We have mounted the Harbor Freight bags on both our Scouts and they have been fantastic.

· Registered
273 Posts
Thank you for the compliment LongRoadHome. That photo was probably taken during an extreme low tied. I've never seen it like that. With normal tides, the difference is not significant. One day we were there the lagoon draining with an ebb tide. Within about 40 minutes or so, the tide turned and people out on the flats hurrying to the shore line. It also has a boat ramp there.

On the bridge, no. We rarely cross it. Our home is off of Sedgwick Rd, about two miles from the Southworth Ferry to West Seattle. The road that goes down to Al's is Banner Rd and it crosses Sedgwick about a half block from my street. It's about 6-8 miles to Al's from my place. A couple of more pics.

Road Highland Reservoir Sky Water

Covos from the top of the Hill going down to Al's. Just beyond that point of land at the top right, is Gig Harbor.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

A better pic of the tidal lagoon across from Al's. That's my BMW that I rode down there a few days earlier. They guy in the pic is my iron man friend Dan, with whom I rode to the Arctic Circle via the northern Yukon in 2015. This was the first time he'd been out in over a month. A career as a Navy hard hat deep water diver has left him many physical problems and he's now very week, having lost over 60 pounds in the previous few months that this pic was taken.

· Registered
273 Posts
I am happy with the new Wunderkind Custom Pulley Cover

Just when I think I've finished modifying my Scout, I see the Wonderkind pulley cover you have. Very nice. I'm sure you've commented on a previous post about the seat but make/model is that. I've got the 1920 Indian seat in brown and it doesn't have that nice contour or pattern. Looks great.

View attachment 590793

· Bronze member
2,000 Posts
two miles from the Southworth Ferry to West Seattle
I’ve only been on the Bremerton ferry. Although I knew of Gig Harbor I couldn’t say if I’ve been there before either.
Our family camped out that way somewhere besides Hood Canal.

Your arctic circle ride sounds like an adventure. You would never get me up north, I have a psychological aversion to cold places. Even though I know Alaska can get warm too.
Which reminds me, our family would go to the mountains during the summer to see the snow when it was warm weather.

· Registered
273 Posts
I’ve only been on the Bremerton ferry. Although I knew of Gig Harbor I couldn’t say if I’ve been there before either.
Our family camped out that way somewhere besides Hood Canal.

Your arctic circle ride sounds like an adventure. You would never get me up north, I have a psychological aversion to cold places. Even though I know Alaska can get warm too.
Which reminds me, our family would go to the mountains during the summer to see the snow when it was warm weather.
We did the Arctic Circle ride in June for the Summer Solstice and it was qujite warm. There was a Canadian guy who rode his sidecar up there in the middle of winter though and I thought that was a but nuts.

The ride is through BC, into the northern Yukon with the jump off point being Dawson City and up the Dempster to the Circle. The distance up the Dempster is about 250 miles as I recall with the total trip from my home and back being a bit over 5k miles. My VStrom was coated in muck and mud, much of which I still can't get off.

While I did almost get to the top of a mount overlooking a glacier, the wind and sleet got too much for me about a mile from the top.

Vehicle Motorcycle Mountain range Car Motorcycling
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Landscape

This is of course, snow covered and sub zero during the winters.

· Bronze member
2,000 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Someone rode an Scout up the Alaska's Dalton Highway and posted pics. I've tried to find the thread again but cannot do so. Now to me that was a pretty good accomplishment. At least I was riding an adventure style bike.

· Bronze member
2,000 Posts
I’m guessing this is the one:

5061 - 5080 of 7803 Posts