Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4881 - 4888 of 4888 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finished (for the season) my Scout Bobber T-Bars. I had to make the bracket to mount the risers myself as the OEM clamps don't allow for it. Now I can ride it and I'm over the moon with excitement.

Next off-season plans: powder coat all the rattle-can parts, internal wiring through the bars and risers as much as I can.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm proud to have made the necessary parts and not just bought them. Any questions, let me know.
20200326_154936.jpg 20200326_154947.jpg 20200326_155036.jpg 20200326_155048.jpg 20200326_154957.jpg 20200326_155054.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
A bit too high? Someone else here did a nice job of aping the vintage Scout height. I think it was halfway between yours and stock.
Its a tough one... If I lower it by more than 1"-2" there won't be room enough for the horn without it getting in the way of the front end travel. I'm going to run it as is for now and see how I like it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its a tough one... If I lower it by more than 1"-2" there won't be room enough for the horn without it getting in the way of the front end travel. I'm going to run it as is for now and see how I like it.
I think from the front it looks excellent, but from your perspective on the saddle, it's too high.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Played around with the new headlight, wanted to mount it above the horn like I've seen some of the vintage scouts... Not sure I'm sold on it though.
View attachment 582035
View attachment 582036
I think that placement looks perfect with those bars. Either the horn or another creative measure (e.g. an Indian badged plate) should probably go on to clean up the space underneath, but I’m sure you have a plan for that already.

If you do go with it there, I’m curious how much it impacts the airflow and reduces the need for a deflector at speed.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Finally put Gort floorboards on my 2015 Scout. The ability to place feet farther back over bumps (mid-position) has made my aching spine very happy. Still can't believe I did a lot of other things to this bike and took this long to put boards on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Finally put Gort floorboards on my 2015 Scout. The ability to place feet farther back over bumps (mid-position) has made my aching spine very happy. Still can't believe I did a lot of other things to this bike and took this long to put boards on.
They are nice aren't they, I love mine!

4881 - 4888 of 4888 Posts