Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4781 - 4800 of 4827 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are these very loud?
Sorry about the delay in answering but I'm having a difficult time in posting. When I hit the "reply" button, it takes me to a blank screen but doesn't let me type anything in the box. This started with our forum format change.

In any event, "loud" is somewhat of subjective term so I'll just say they are louder than my Indain Stage 1 mufflers. They are also about 10 pounds lighter. I was surprised at the exhaust tone when I started it after my friend and I installed them. I rode them up to the front door of my house from the shop and my wife came out to tell me that some crystal figurines on the dining room table vibrated.

One of the comments I made in another thread was that on a ride this summer my Scout's exhaust note was lost in a sea of Harleys. I couldn't even hear it but I'll have to say this will be no longer be the case. Harley riders take note.

I sent an email to the manufacturer asking if the mufflers had removable baffles that could be wrapped to somewhat subdue the db level. The response was that the baffles were removable but there was probably not enough room to wrap them.

I don't believe they are any louder than Vance & Hines or similar. I'll ride them for awhile to determine if my neighbors hate me. They do sound very bad ass in my opinion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Installed a mechanical cruise control (Brakeaway Products, Inc) to help reduce my throttle hand cramps. Simple install and looks like a quality piece with two ways to decouple it from the throttle. I like multiple mechanical backups. Very smooth and easy to operate. The install instructions were a little confusing.

Tim

View attachment 571349
nice product......i have installed one also on my scout and love it.....not electronic but totally mechanical

·
Registered
47 Posts
nice product......i have installed one also on my scout and love it.....not electronic but totally mechanical
I have a little trouble initially setting it as I seem to slightly roll the throttle on or off while engaging it which increases or slows my cruise speed so slight corrections are needed to get it set for steady speeds. I guess I just need to get more seat time with it. The biggest plus is that I can remove my hand from the throttle for a short break to reduce the hand strain issue..

Tim

·
Registered
261 Posts
I picked up my freshly ceramic coated heat shields from Performance Coatings in Auburn WA the other day and they did a beautiful job. I selected the darkest black they had and initially thought they'd match my new mufflers but it's a bit off. I'd forgotten just how difficult working with heat shields could be. The factory fasteners are single use, with the directions that came with the Indian ceramic coated heat shields saying to put a screw driver under the straps and break them.

They fit only about 2017 or above so back they went. The dealership graciously gave me the SS clamps from the kid though. Access to the screw head was difficult on several of the clamps so installation took more time than I thought it would.

Ceramic Coating.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
i agree but you have to remember it is mechanical. the speed will increase/decrease, but the biggest advantage is being able to remove your hand from the throttle for a break....you can get it adjusted a little closer....mine still increases a bit but easy to correct. also need to remember that the rear brake and shifting will not disengage it like electronic cruise controls.
I have a little trouble initially setting it as I seem to slightly roll the throttle on or off while engaging it which increases or slows my cruise speed so slight corrections are needed to get it set for steady speeds. I guess I just need to get more seat time with it. The biggest plus is that I can remove my hand from the throttle for a short break to reduce the hand strain issue..

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
just did a new black painintg in my Scout, getting rid of almost wll chrome parts to get thi rougher style:
0b0dbb00-dfb1-40f4-af27-71722c2ce0a5.JPG
82db490d-e7d9-45a7-bf2f-8490648bc11a.JPG
84668b92-fc64-4a6f-b200-b2d887922be0.JPG
dea7fe10-ea1a-4a9a-9f40-fe12062eb6cf.JPG
IMG_6980.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Added M-Blaze disc LED bar end turn signals and blacked out upper forks. Similar to what WillRide has already done to his Scout.
View attachment 12218

And rode about 240 miles.
Hi everyone, new to the forum.
Riding a '16 scout bobber with vance&hines.

I am looking to change my seat as the stock is a bit stiff for my size (230lbs and 6.2').
Is this solo seat with suspensions comfortable, or would you recommend something else like the mustang seat?

If this isn't a relevant thread, please guide me accordingly - don't wanna spam you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you meant but I went with a Corbin solo on my Scout. It's way more comfortable for me and I weigh about 215 to 220 pounds. It's a firm seat but shaped much better.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the forum.
Riding a '16 scout bobber with vance&hines.

I am looking to change my seat as the stock is a bit stiff for my size (230lbs and 6.2').
Is this solo seat with suspensions comfortable, or would you recommend something else like the mustang seat?

If this isn't a relevant thread, please guide me accordingly - don't wanna spam you.

Thanks!
just be aware that if you go with the solo seat from indian it will sit you up and foward about a inch or so. i personally went with the tractor seat from mother roads customs so the seat soaks up some of the roughness of the stock suspension. but in the end its more what looks good to you anything is better then the stock bobber seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I installed a JW Speaker adaptive LED headlight (8690 Adaptive 2) on my 2020 Scout. I have not rode at night with it yet but in the shop with the lights out it is really bright. It fit into the chrome stock bezel good and it is pretty much a "plug and play" install but if you want a parking light you must hook up the red wire to the existing parking light wire and run a new ground wire to the new light housing. I got the black light housing to hide the modern LED look. It does a light show at power up which I would like to have the option to turn off.....

Tim

JW_Speaker LED Light.jpg
JW_Speaker LED Light1.jpg

4781 - 4800 of 4827 Posts