Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

4761 - 4780 of 4827 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
As you know the Scout 60 comes with a plastic belt guard. Picked up a used Scout Metal Belt Guard on EBAY for $14.00 and painted it Satin Black. What a bargain , will install soon.
20191231_151221.jpg
20191231_151221.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed a Dart Classic Flyscreen this morning, and went for a ride this afternoon (mid-60's and partially cloudy). I like how it looks and it is effective at reducing wind pressure on my torso at highway speeds.
View attachment 570692
Looks great! Is that the dark or the light tint, and do you mind telling us how tall you are? I’m 5’4” so I figure if it works for someone taller, it will work for me. Trying to decide on the Classic or the Marlin. TIA!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Installed new Indian adjustable rear shocks. They have 24 clicks (settings) and were set at 12 from the factory. I set them at 10 clicks and road tested them for 70 miles and they made the ride a lot smoother by eliminating the bone jarring jolts. They have not bottomed out yet so I might make them even softer. Looks like good quality so far. Cheaper to buy them from a Indian dealer than online from the Indian website. It would have been a ten minute install if it had not been for the lower mounting bolt on the right side as it was blocked by the top muffler. Does anyone have these shocks and if so how many clicks from 0 do you have them set?

Tim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Installed a mechanical cruise control (Brakeaway Products, Inc) to help reduce my throttle hand cramps. Simple install and looks like a quality piece with two ways to decouple it from the throttle. I like multiple mechanical backups. Very smooth and easy to operate. The install instructions were a little confusing.

Tim

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Updated my 2015 Scout with a 2020 anniversary badge… at a cost. $58 after tax. :cool:
A little painted metal thing that fit in the palm of my hand.

Color looks like the original Indian Red.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Did you find it or this badge?
I should have said where I got it from. It was at the Indian motorcycle parts online, listed under the 2020 Scout (or Anniversary Edition) as Body, Emblems/Decals.
Tag # 11.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mainly I managed to get some short rides in yesterday and today thanks to temps in the 60s. Not that it mattered this weekend, but based on some colder days last week I think I like the National Cycle Hand Guards for taking some chill off the fingers.

Portrait of a Scout 60.jpg

My ClearView Lowers finally showed up yesterday, but I haven't installed them yet. I have some National Cycle relos for the turn signals too, so maybe I'll play around with them and the lowers this week.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would love for Polaris to modernize the Scout with a fuel guage, cruise control, electronic dash ala FTR genre and some aggressive sheet metal. Not everyone wants their Scout to look so vintage. It's a bullet proof platform that could catch the eyes of a whole new generation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Put a 7” wind shield on this morning.... pray it warms up.. View attachment 569857
I would love for Polaris to modernize the Scout with a fuel guage, cruise control, electronic dash ala FTR genre and some aggressive sheet metal. Not everyone wants their Scout to look so vintage. It's a bullet proof platform that could catch the eyes of a whole new generation.
Hey, Sandspur. I got my Scout because I love the retro look, but I certainly get that I am not everyone else. I read on here someone said the Scout is like a Lego bike, meaning it is very amenable to mods and changes. And looking here on this forum at the mods many have done, that seems a very accurate statement.

May I ask why you don’t just get the FTR S? It certainly does NOT look vintage and already has many of those features you seem to want.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Reason number one is that it's my wife's bike (2017 Scout ) and at 5.0 ft. she can sit flat footed on the bike. I'm 6 ft. and I can't sit flat footed on an FTR. The FTR lags in sales because it's basically a motocross bike with street tires. Consider the rake, height, and length and it's a carbon copy of any 450 four stroke motocrosser.
Indian builds the Chieftain Classic and the Chieftain Limited. I'm not proposing an abdication of your style just an expansion of choice. I'd love to see her have the necessities of a fuel guage and cruise control. Even $900 lawnmowers at Walmart have fuel guages.

4761 - 4780 of 4827 Posts