Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1057285 Views 7802 Replies 902 Participants Last post by  K9F
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
3261 - 3280 of 7803 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
Fuel tank Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Iron Windshield
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
I finally got around to replacing the stock grips and it was a noticeable improvement. I'm not personally a fan of kuryakyn products as I don't like the aesthetics with the scout lineup, but I decided to try the kenetic grips as I thought they would blend in and they turned out pretty decent.

· Registered
78 Posts

Attachments

· Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,328 Posts
Retired the Scout to storage last weekend and transferred the plate to my KLX. Rainy season is now in full swing again up here and the last 9 months of relentless rain or shine commuting/touring has begun to take its toll. Water has worked it's way into my speedometer (visible beneath the cover) causing the digital gauge to malfunction and display random/partial characters and has also seeped into the left hand control housing causing the Mode switch to fail intermittently. Fortunately I'm still within my manufacturer warranty period, hopefully these parts are covered.

Had an incredible 40,000 km trouble free first 9 months on my Scout, I wasn't expecting the electronics to make it through the year and I'm honestly quite impressed that they made it to 40,000 km considering my bike is stored outside 24/7. I'm sure I'll get a few more sunny day rides in on the Scout before the year is over but it doesn't deserve to be drenched daily for the next 4 months when I have a fully waterproofed dual sport to unload the abuse on instead.

Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Car

· Rider
590 Posts
Very nice, are those vinyl wraps on the front forks to make them black??
Actually it's just a cheap 1.5 inch golf bag tube from ebay. Cut to size and taped in the back with electric tape since it still wasn't quite wide enough.
Similar to this one, but bigger diameter and $8-12.: Wilson Ultra Golf Bag Tube | Academy
My mistake, it was actually from Amazon. Here's the exact one I got: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JPMYZ2I
And here's a 2 incher (too big, but could be cut down to size): https://smile.amazon.com/Player-Supreme-Individual-Golf-Divider/dp/B01B53UOHO

· Registered
318 Posts
Actually it's just a cheap 1.5 inch golf bag tube from ebay. Cut to size and taped in the back with electric tape since it still wasn't quite wide enough.
Similar to this one, but bigger diameter and $8-12.: Wilson Ultra Golf Bag Tube | Academy
My mistake, it was actually from Amazon. Here's the exact one I got: Amazon.com : Player Supreme Golf Tubes/Dividers - Jumbo 1.5" Size : Sports & Outdoors
And here's a 2 incher (too big, but could be cut down to size): Amazon.com : Player Supreme Individual Golf Tube/Divider - Putter 2" : Sports & Outdoors
I appreciate the response how noticeable is the eletrical tape ??

· Registered
62 Posts
Regrets? None whatsoever. I was always a big fan of completely blacked out engines. As for the emblem/logo I really like it. After painting it black flat it doesn't show from afar. From up close its in nice contrast to the shine of the tank.
Any regrets? Did you not like it at first or was it love at first sight?

I’m going to swap out emblems for the Classic script emblem but am kind of attached to the existing look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3261 - 3280 of 7803 Posts