Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Motorcycle
Installed TAB slip-ons today and can't wait to try them out on the road. The stock mufflers were a mother to get off and I almost thought I couldn't get it done, but persevered. Another week or so I'll have a zipper intake to install and a new map to go with it.

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Fuel tank Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Iron Windshield
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
I finally got around to replacing the stock grips and it was a noticeable improvement. I'm not personally a fan of kuryakyn products as I don't like the aesthetics with the scout lineup, but I decided to try the kenetic grips as I thought they would blend in and they turned out pretty decent.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Would love to hear a short review/experience with this product. I was thinking about putting one in as well. :)
I haven't had it long enough to decide if I want to adjust the factory settings or not, but I like that it is pure plug and play and that it is highly customizable to fit your driving/braking needs and allows for heavy stop & go traffic. I also like how you can deliberately trigger the brake lights to flash from a stop if someone is coming up behind you too quickly to better get their attention.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Had my 5K service and also had some Cirius lights installed on my highway bars. I like that they blend in seamlessly with my bars without distracting from the clean lines of the Scout. They also are quite bright and significantly increase my visibility to other drivers. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with how they turned out!

Handlebar or Harley Rear Bag Guard Lights 1x3.75 Black - Cirius USA

Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive exterior Tire Bumper Auto part Automotive tire
Light Lighting Automotive lighting Sky Night

·
Registered
695 Posts
where does the supabrake mount ? are the connections made under the seat?
The connections are right under the rear fender by the brake light. After you connect everything you have several zip ties you can loop through different points and secure it tightly up against the inside of the fender and rear brake assembly. It's really easy and only a little annoying due to it being a tight space to get your hands in.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I recently swapped out my TAB slip-on's for Rinehart's and I am much happier with how they look and sound. Initially, they were a little too loud for me so I purchased some Acousta-Fil packing material and worked it in around the factory baffles after pulling off the end caps. It made a big difference and lowered the sound output 8-10 decibels. They are still louder than the TAB's, but not to the point it's uncomfortable for me.

I also completed FM's Advance Remote Tuning Service and thanks to @CraigB1960 my Scout 60 now runs flawlessly. The base tune from FM in of itself was very good, but having that tune then modified and adjusted for your bike makes a world of difference. It's hard for me to describe, but my bike feels more refined now with immediate throttle response, smooth and consistent power delivery, and seamless transition between gears and different rpm ranges. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hey dfreesh, how do you like the Corbin seat over the OEM stock? How much & how long a wait for it?
For me it was an immediate upgrade and only got better as I put more miles on it. I've gone on 500 mile rides in a day without any numbness or soreness after. Mine came in pretty fast, 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly. Your mileage may vary in that regard based on other posts I've read. Price wise, I'd just check their site as it depends on what options you want.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Over the last several months I fitted the new Scout fairing, installed hard saddlebags, and had a custom paint job done based on designs and a theme of my own choosing which resulted in a complete transformation of my scout sixty. Functionality is drastically improved and beyond the graphics I prefer the darker charcoal base paint rather than the factory light silver color. She may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she is mine and I love her ;)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Car
Glass Personal protective equipment Art
Automotive exterior Fender Vehicle Auto part Hood
Automotive exterior Tire Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle
Motor vehicle Headlamp Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Motorcycle Vehicle Mode of transport Badlands Road
Vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Automotive tire Adventure
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
695 Posts
Seriously, ( @dfresh ) having created a "solo touring / bagger" Scout, I'm eager to know many things:

How effective is the Indian Batwing - on the highway, etc ?
Being a "techie" , what are the allowances for mounting technology (including a sound system) into that batwing ?
Are the bags large enough to be usable for taking the laptop to work, clothes for a weekender, etc ?
As I understand it, a passenger pillion is allowed but not any kind of backrest or a two up top case bracket ?

Inquiring minds want to know..
None of the above for your first line of inquiry lol, but hey you can't take it with you when you go right.....

Great questions though.

I've personally found the indian batwing to be very effective and I have well over 1K miles with it now. I did a 400 mile day ride with it (all highway) and didn't feel fatigued at all whereas I have been worn out after taking that same ride previously. I don't get any wind into my body from my waist/navel up to the top of my shoulders even at speeds of 75-85 which allows me to relax more in general, have better posture, and not have to maintain a tighter grip with my hands. For me, longer distance riding (400+ miles) has been a shortcoming of my s60 as I was always so damn tired after due to all the wind resistance. The batwing has competely resolved that issue for me and opened up even more options of what I can do with my bike.

As far a sound system there certainly is room to still install most any type of handlebar mounted speakers. Other than that, it might get a little tricky due to the support framework that is bolted to the inside of the fairing. There definitely is space on both sides for a speaker, but I imagine for now you would have to get something custom fabricated to flush up against the inside of the fairing on each side and secured in some way to house a speaker until perhaps companies start developing some options.

The bags are roomy in my opinion and increased my storage/carrying capacity significantly. The opening of the bags once the lids are lifted are approx 6"x14" and the average spacing inside is 22" in length, 11" in height, and 8" wide. Some interior spots are slightly less or more as it's molded to the bike but those are the averages.

I do have a passenger seat I plan on installing, but haven't gotten around to yet. Despite what the saddlebag manufacture says, I do think a backrest could be an option, but you definitely can't have any type of quick release as the bags bolt directly to the fender with small rubber washers in between the bags and fender to prevent any chafing so spools are not an option. I actually reached out directly to Dean Speed about their backrests as they offer a "slim" version and they told me the slim version is only 1/8" thick. I don't think 1/8" of an inch would be problematic from a functional standpoint and at the most it would perhaps require slightly longer bolts. However, it obviously would create a bit of a gap and I'm not sure how it would look aesthetically with more separation so I'm on the fence if I want to give it a try or not.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My old lady wanted to start riding more so I got the Indian passenger touring seat, but longer rides didn’t work well for her without back support. Hard bags limited my options so I got a new corbin dual touring saddle. I think the look and color scheme is actually better on my bike with the new seat and the it feels more supportive for me as well compared to the solo brave seat I had.

Old seat set up.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Put on some Nitron R1 shocks on my 2017 S60 and got to test them a bit for almost a couple hundred miles during a poker run. These come preloaded to your weight and passenger weight (if you have one) and also have a rebound/dampering adjuster.

First impressions are that I like them and they are a noticeable improvement over stock. The road in general feels much softer and they provide a more cushioned ride. Smaller bumps are hardly noticeable and hard bumps/holes less jarring than before. I think with more fine tuning to the rebound/dampening adjustments they might be even better in this regard.

I also noticed a significant change in handling. They did raise the bike a little and I could tell the difference though I don’t know exactly by how much. I’ve learned with bikes even a few millimeters can be noticeable. Turning and leaning also feels so much better and more planted or firm? I don’t really know how to explain it but I feel even more confident taking corners at higher speeds. I didn’t expect that new shocks would do that lol, but I don’t know much about suspension. Either way I’m a happy camper and I mainly got them for two-up riding so I hope they really make it better for my passenger.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Is that the Corbin Brave? Was looking into that but my wife is worried she'll fall right off the back (and she's relatively small nonetheless). Any comments from your passenger?
No, I actually got the dual touring saddle. I just put it on a few weeks ago so that my wife could have a backrest. I had the Indian touring passenger seat before and she couldn’t go without the back support. She hasn’t been able to try it out yet though due to some bad weather days and work conflicts.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Installed a dynojet quickshifter on my S60 this weekend then took it out for a nice test ride. The install was interesting to say the least. Initially the new shift rod wouldn’t thread in and after talking with DJ it was determined they packed the wrong one so they sent me the correct one and made it right. The tank was easy enough to pull off but plugging into the front injector was a pita....I almost gave up several times as it was a nightmare trying to get the retaining clip out on the injector plug in. Anyways after all that I couldn’t get my bike to shift through all the gears so I called DJ again and they help me identify the problem (my fault that time). It was pretty frustrating installing but now on the other hand......

I wish I had known about this product a couple years ago lol, it’s freaking awesome. Shifting is a breeze, super fast, and without any kind of hitching especially at higher rpms 6k+ which is the only way I ride my scout unless just cruising at highway speeds. Highly recommend!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'll do you one better; what the heck IS a "quickshifter"? Wife rides a scout so anything to make it better for her, I'm all ears.
I didn’t understand how it worked either until I read up on it too. Basically how I understand it is the quickshifter sensor sends a signal to the ecm and for a millisecond the engine turns off when pressure is applied to the shifter so that the clutch isn’t required to shift gears. It only works for upshifting, not downshifting.

In practical terms, I don’t have to use my clutch anymore to shift into higher gears which could save my left hand in the long run. I also don’t have to roll off the throttle when I shift and I can shift and get to higher speeds far faster than I ever could manually. For me it was purely for fun, but for some with arthritis or those that have a more difficult time with the clutch it could be a lifesaver.

@BDR I don’t believe it works with the bobber but you could always double check with Dynojet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts