Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I added the TCMT luggage rack to the backrest. The backrest I bought from the dealer and paid the big bucks. The luggage rack I got on Amazon for $95 instead of $205 for the Indian one. They look the same and I'll bet are made in the same factory just that the Indian one goes through one more step where it is stamped with the Indian logo. It did not come with mounting bolts. I bought stainless metric 8 x 1.25 bolts, washers and nuts at Lowe's for about $10 to mount it. The rack is small about 8.5 inches wide by 7.5 inches long.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
There are many LED headlights for the Scout, but to me most look futuristic and I wanted some thing that looked more old school. I replaced the stock bulb with an Osram HB2 DOT 9003 L bulb and it was brighter. I have Kuryakyn auxilliary lights and when one of the bulbs burnt out I replaced it with a H3 LED from SuperBriteLEDs. This made the headlight look yellow. So I purchased from Headlight Experts their H4 LED conversion kit. It comes with 2 bulbs for $99. The Scout headlight bucket is full of wires etc. It was a tight fit getting the LED in the bucket. I had to push the wires away and did not reinstall the rubber grommet that comes on the headlight. The LED puts out a very bright white light. The following pictures are the old bulb low, hi then LED low and hi.
Lawn Grass Lighting Yard House
Lighting Grass Lawn Yard Landscape

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks potentially dangerous/blinding for anything coming from the other direction toward you.
If it does blind oncoming traffic obviously that is not good and I may have to take the bulb out. The bulbs come in a set of 2 and are also used in cars and I assume and hope not causing accidents. I don't ride that much at night but if I do and get flashed by oncoming traffic I'll know it is a problem and have to put the dim yellowish bulb back.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Added new LED running lights to my 2020 Scout. The white lens look good so I might change out the rear turn signals to match.

Tim

View attachment 626076
Those look fantastic and I believe Custom Dynamics products are very high quality. I have a similar Custom Dynamics running/turn signal LEDs on my Yamaha. The white running lights are so bright that on coming traffic have flashed me at night. I ride near edge of road at night so as to not blind on coming traffic. If you do much night riding have you been flashed, to turn off your high beams so to speak?

·
Registered
339 Posts
My Scout needed to be inspected so when checking all the lights and horn, I found the horn was not working. So I added a Denali Sound Bomb Mini. It fits in the stock location and is much louder. Including shipping it cost under $40.
Camera lens Material property Font Gadget Reflex camera
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
339 Posts
I added Custom Dynamics Triple Play and put their red rear turn signal lenses on my Scout. Now my rear turn signals will always be lit up as running lights and when you brake they rapidly flash four times then light solid and repeat the pattern. You can adjust the brightness of the running lights with a dial. There are switches so you can have all 3 lights flash, only the brake light, only turn signals or no flashing at all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Installed LED indicators. For this I took the OEM LED Bobber indicators from the housing, they just pop out, and installed them in the Scout housings of the halogen indicators. The Halogen indicators are also easy to remove from the housing. Turn them to unlock and get them out. The LED indicators fit but are loose and there is a gap between indicator and housing. For this I used pvc tape and taped the led indicators to make them bigger in diameter so they hold in the housing and to eleminate the gap I cut the genuine rubber gasking and put it in beetween, just the right thickness. For the electrical connection just add the correct terminals. There might be a way with some cutting or glue but it works so far and looks close to original. ^^ Same in the rear. Sadly no photos of the other steps made.

View attachment 714922 View attachment 714921
View attachment 714924
View attachment 714927
View attachment 714933
View attachment 714932
I'm not an electrician but if the red and black wires copper connectors are just loose in the turn signal housing bouncing around while riding may make them touch and cause a problem. Were the wires originally plugged into the light bulb thereby keeping them separate? It might be a good idea to get some heat shrink and cover the copper connector and part of the wire. Then only apply heat and shrink the heat shrink over the wire leaving it unshrunk over the terminal so you can plug and unplug the wires if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts