Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 7866 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Put on a set of Dean Speed Matadors bars. 10 inch rise. Uses all stock cables and wiring. Less width in the rise and the bar ends compared to the stock or the mini apes. Unparraleled quality. Absolutely awesome work on these. Here are some pictures.
Vehicle Motorcycle
Product Bicycle fork
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Font Bumper Emblem
Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
724 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Could you share some more pics of how those cables are routed? I just put custom Dean bars on my ABS Bobber and trying to get the brake & clutch to reach with stock cables. Wanna make sure i route them ok.

Currentlt I have the brake going around the stem inside the nacelle and it reaches. Doesnt have any slack when the bars are turned all the way tho. The clutch wont reach without going across the tank in front of the speedo. Im curious on how you did yours.
My cables route the stock way and have enough slack on the clutch cable. Way better than the mini apes. I can't speak for the bobber and what bars you have, Sorry

· Registered
724 Posts
Put these 27mm extensions on my rear turn signals to stick them out a bit further. They were just under minimum distance apart for legal warrant of fitness. Then put on these super cheap bar end mirrors to replace the super expensive joker machine ones. I couldn't get the joker machine ones high enough to see behind me. The only way was to raise the bars up which moved them away from me. The bar end ones are pretty well made and not bad quality. They are all over Ebay if anyone is interested. Yet to test. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light
Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior
Vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system Wheel Automotive tire

· Registered
724 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Having just put on bar end mirrors I needed to find a way to cover the threads where the oem mirrors go. You can order the black plastic caps that come with a
bobber to cover the threads. I ordered a set and they work fine except for the god awful price of $6.34 for a .05 cent piece of plastic. Done bitching now.
I just used a good old fashion grub hex screw.

· Registered
724 Posts
Went for a 300k ride with my new rear Cruisetec tire and it feels great,i'll get the front tire done shortly as supposedly they work a lot better in pairs the front pushes the water away for the rear with the tread design
What tyres did you have on before. Do you have a review or comparison for the Cruisetecs, thanks

· Registered
724 Posts
Had Metzeler Cruisetec's fitted front and rear recently and find them a big improvement on the Michelin Commander II's. Better road feel, softer and grippy. Much better in dry and wet. Wish I could get back over to NZ and ride there. Central Otago is amazing.
Yes, we have many a great riding roads but unfortunately the government is not funding the road maintenance enough and many repairs are very poorly executed. The South Island is a riders dream for sure. Thanks for your input on the Cruisetecs

· Registered
724 Posts
Looked at it and sat on it out in my new pole barn. I injured my back Saturday riding over some severely bad expansion joints on a concrete freeway Saturday. They were unavoidable going across both westbound lanes and there were no warning signs that they existed. I hit them at 65 mph to stay with traffic. My doc has me on icing & heat with muscle relaxer pills every eight hours plus ibuprofen every 4 hours. Not any fun.
Scout suspension will be to blame. Heel well man

· Registered
724 Posts
View attachment 534570 View attachment 534566

Added a 1920 solo seat last night. Completely changed the feel of the bike for me. After a good ride today really starting to enjoy it. Riding position seems more aggressive and easier to dive into corners. Supports my big ass well. Digging the new ride.
How was the ride as far as comfort and suspension. Is it more comfortable being OFF the bike rather than in the bike/, thanks

· Registered
724 Posts
Well I finally got everything sorted and took the Scout for a ride today in high 30 degree temps.

It was an entire new riding experience with the 1920 seat. It's a somewhat hard but the seating position is ergonomically perfect to me. Before installing it I'd thought I'd have to pull the 10in bars back a bit for comfort but with the new seat they are perfect as I am sitting higher and more forward. I'll have to replace my 6.5inch recurve windscreen though with a taller one because of the higher seating position, a minor issue for the future.

Many who have installed this seat have told me I'd love it, and that I do. The unknown is how it will suit me on a long ride. It is a bit hard, like a Corbin, but hopefully it will break in
View attachment 549192
I have a 1920 seat coming my way soon and I cant wait to get it on my 60. I didn't like the sport seat so much and have had my stock seat reworked which does the job well even on full day rides. Saw a review by Rabid Hedgehog on a Bobber 20 and he said the 1920 seat is way more comfortable because it disconnects you from the bike. Makes sense. Enjoy your ride dude

· Registered
724 Posts
I took a ride today to test out my new electric gloves and was again very impressed with the seat.

The most difficult part of the installation was affixing the supplied rear bracket to the front of the rear fender. The instructions say to push the wiring harness as far down as possible and then use one of the screws, I believe it was the one taken from the rear seat mount "top hat", to affix the bracket.

The challenge is holding the harness down and threading the steel screw into aluminum frame point. It's very easy to cross thread, which I did, trying to hold down the wiring harness while also holding the bracket straight and ratcheting in the screw. Mine is OK but please do exercise extra caution. It would help to have an extra set of hands.
Thanks for the advice. I think I will look at zip tying the harness down to some fixing point if it is possible, Cheers

1 - 20 of 7866 Posts