Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your scout today?

1031462 7715
finally got around to making a seat lanyard, ended up that when the seat is hanging it makes a good place to lay your tools while working with battery or making connections. also made these bungee spools for about 10 bucks. Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Wire
Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
1 - 15 of 16 Posts

·
Founding Member
1,974 Posts

·
Founding Member
1,974 Posts
I just put my tins on after receiving them from Start Studios, who did the Black Hills Beast.

The tank is Indian script combined with Starr's take on a hobo nickel, 23k engine turned gold leaf. The other gold work is filigree design, and looks like an old west tavern mirror.

He got it in the mail on a Monday and I got it back a week later. I'm very happy with it and it's hard to capture how good it looks with my phone.

View attachment 20632 View attachment 20633 View attachment 20634 View attachment 20635 View attachment 20636 View attachment 20637 View attachment 20639 View attachment 20641 View attachment 20642 View attachment 20643 View attachment 20644
VERY nice! Looks really good. Enjoy that sweet ride bro!

·
Founding Member
1,974 Posts
Ever since I sat on the Black Hills beast, I knew my "laid-back" riding position on the Scout was doomed. I really liked the agressive position on that bike. The first step for me are these "western" bars from Norman Hyde. A little more pitched forward, and a little more traditional style. The Scout 1920 solo saddle is next, will have to see about floorboards after that.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

·
Founding Member
1,974 Posts
Bored.....weather not nice enough to ride. Supertrapp mufflers should be shipping in days. Took a few minutes to take off the stock mufflers. Quite surprised at their weight. This swap should net a14 pound weight savings and sound way better! Win/win, But for now I wait
:mad:
View attachment 624910
Love my Supertrapps! You will too. Wheel Sky Water Tire Cloud

·
Founding Member
1,974 Posts
A simple thanks from them would be nice. In this day and age, it wouldn't surprise me. I guess you can take a bike and paint Jack Daniels on it and everybody loves you but if you try to do something to pay tribute to something you love, that's a problem. I'm not a lawyer, just a fan. Maybe I'll rethink that and just keep it among us riders and fans. :)
You won’t have a problem unless you try to sell them. Making something for yourself with the Indian logo is not a problem. Go for it!

·
Founding Member
1,974 Posts
Today I put on some Rox Risers. The bars are now raised about 1.5 inches and are to the rear about an 1.5 inches as well. With the risers if you go to far forward your speedo will cant forward pushing the face of the speedo down and will make hard to see. You will need to check length, height, speedo and bars and adjust before nailing it down. Also, you don't need to change cables. Your existing cables should work. I needed to cut a 6mm hex to get to the bottom bolt to tighten under the riser. I really can't even notice them cosmetically and they do straighten up my back as I am sitting a little more upright. View attachment 706061 View attachment 706062 View attachment 706063 View attachment 706064
Sweet looking ride!

1 - 15 of 16 Posts