Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 7866 Posts

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
Bought my Bobber last Saturday, and I noticed that it still had the sticker on the gas tank. So today, I removed the sticker with goo gone, which worked great. Made it messy, so I washed the bike. Then noticed there were some small scratches and swirl marks, so I polished those out, applied some paint sealant and the waxed it. View attachment 638837 View attachment 638838
If you give a mouse a cookie...

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
Just installed two horns on my Scout, both FIAMM Freeway Blasters, one low, one high tone. One in the stock location and one below the front of the exhaust hanger. Custom wiring harness. No ground clearance issues either, this is not the lowest component on the bike.

Sound great and just as loud as my Denali Soundbomb and Marco Tornado horns on my other bikes and much easier to install than trying to hide an air compressor and routing an air line and installing a relay. Two tones are much better than one!

FIAMM 72102 Freeway Blaster HIGH Note Horn and FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster LOW Note Horn if you're interesting in doing the same.

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
Thanks! I actually had it powder coated that way at a local shop awhile back. I had bought the reduced reach bars but didn’t like the chrome look so I had the bars, brake/clutch levers, and cover done all together.
I did the same exact thing with my reduced reach bars and levers - so much better

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
I put on the black exhaust shields and changed to dean speed rampage slip ons from the reinharts I had. I definitely like the look more as I think it fits my bike better. Sound wise the dean speed with the quiet baffles are noticeably quieter than the reinharts, but still have a good throaty sound overall. I might pull out the baffles at some point just to try it, but I think my ears will thank me for leaving it as it is. Overall, I’m pretty happy with them after putting almost 500 miles on them this past weekend.
View attachment 642071
View attachment 642072
View attachment 642073
Which bags are those?

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
I mounted the FS 24 on my Scout 60 using OEM brackets . I also have the 10’ mini apes. It does work, but you have to remove the shield from the brackets to install and remove . There is room between the the mirrors/master cylinder but it is close.

However it does work and I did go for a quick ride in between storms .. I will say it does keep all the wind off my chest. While there is some minor buffeting on top of my helmet, it is. It isn’t much and I figured there would be some .

I’m going to do a long Interstate Ride running around 75-80 for an hour before I take the tape off to see if I’m going to keep it. So far I am impressed on how it performs with the short 30 minute I was able to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How tall are you?

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
So after installing the Bassani exhaust I get an ear piercing tone at about 3100 - 4000rpm (my cruising range) and after many attempts to make the Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 more quiet at that range (re-wrapping the baffle and later added a silencer to that baffle) Ive decided to go ahead and purchase the OEM Indian performance 2 into 1 exhaust.

I’ve tried different earplugs but was really uncomfortable riding with them and also disliked the extra step needed just to go for a ride. Not to mention its hella loud for my passengers.

After riding with the new Indian exhaust for a few days all i can say is that i am very happy with the purchase and really eased my mind thinking i had buyers remorse.

Still has a nice low rumble and roars when the throttle opens up. Obviously not as aggressive as the Bassani’s but enough for me non the less.

Also went with black as it makes the lines of the bike flow better to me
But you wore earplugs all the time to begin with?

· Registered
2019 Scout Sixty ABS
328 Posts
No, I’ve never rode with earplugs before. I’ve actually ridden sport bikes all my life even with super loud exhausts and never once bothered me. I really didnt mind the volume of the Bassani’s but it made a pinging sound in that RPM range which made my ears hurt.
Gotcha. I've ridden sport and naked bikes the last 15 years of riding and I've worn earplugs every single time I go out riding. I find that I can focus better and it prevents hearing loss, especially from wind noise on the highway. Highly recommend!

1 - 20 of 7866 Posts