Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i dreamed about changing the front and rear fender adding bags, a back rest new lighter pipes and a power commander on my Scout....;)

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,755 Posts
I had Mean City Cycles rebuild the seat (review coming after I put some time on/in it) and had the 2500 mile checkup. I also have been getting the GPS installation finished. I have it mounted where I want, but I haven't been able to get into the wiring in the fairing to hard-wire the power.
I haven't ridden nearly enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered the rear highway bar bag and bottle holder as well as the adjustable passenger floorboard for the Chieftain. (Oh yeah, a couple more Oil Change kits.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just got home with new trunk bag. Made by Boss Bags in Wisconsin. 120 miles from my place in brew city. Got to watch my bag being assembled. Bought there biggest bag. Fits perfectly can't say enough about them. A family run business. Also does custom work. They had 2 tone bags with Indian Chief heads embossed on them. A work of art. been in the leather business 35 years. Rode 300 miles through Wisconsin back country today. Might go to Indian demo ride in De Pere [Green Bay] tomorrow. Ride another 300 miles. Only thing I need is heel shifter. Dealer said he'll have it next month

Attachments

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,755 Posts
Just got home with new trunk bag. Made by Boss Bags in Wisconsin. 120 miles from my place in brew city. Got to watch my bag being assembled. Bought there biggest bag. Fits perfectly can't say enough about them. A family run business. Also does custom work. They had 2 tone bags with Indian Chief heads embossed on them. A work of art. been in the leather business 35 years.
Pics required!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dropped a Saddle man gel pad on my seat and threw a sheepskin over that, cleaned the bug splatter off the windshield and kept ridding. Back and forth to work mostly.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Finally finished..... Maybe.

Finished it. Finally. Custom paint done by Gregory Polaris (thanks Rob!) - Springfield Blue with cream fenders, gold transitions and red pinstripes. Custom leather dye. Pipes, fishtails, leather bits, kuryakyn chrome brake light trim, aeromach billet plate frame and passenger peg covers. Now just time to ride in full or local dress.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
This week I got most of the repairs done on my Chieftain. See my post "greetings from Idaho" in the new members forum. After getting both sides scabbed up less than 48 hours after purchasing my bike I have spent a lot of time at Sawtooth Indian. Those guys have been great. John in parts has been going the extra mile to get things right again. Now everything has been replaced except the return spring on the front brake lever and the front fender. But the good news is it rideable and I have it back until the rest of the parts come. I'm sure it will be ready for the 500 mile service by the time it goes back so two birds with one stone. I'm just glad its only 8 miles to the dealer for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
More Mileage

575 miles on Friday of last week. This week I will put on another 900 miles.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Uhhhhhhh...washed and waxed it. It has either been 105 degrees or pouring rain.

Missing out on some good riding due to the weather. Waiting to receive the cup holder I ordered to have my bike ready for the Run For The Wall 2015. Rode a Goldwing in 2013....missed 2014 due to a knee replacement and going to take my Chieftain in 2015.
The planning is interesting and the total ride will be, from Dallas and back, about 3600 miles. This was much easier when I was younger but it is a good ride with many other vets or supporters.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! You've done an awesome job...that's gorgeous! I've had mine about 5 weeks now. Bought the demo that had 600 miles on it as it has a Stage 1, pipes and passenger back rest. Less to add. Downside is the bags were already fading. I just picked up the kit from the dealer but after reading all the comments, I think I'll go the Tandy route. I hope I can get back to the original color like you did....I really like it. In the meantime....it's stopped raining, so I'm going to RIDE. Love my Chief....couldn't be more pleased. Harley was just getting too heavy for me and the Chief is the answer to all my problems. Let's Roll!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts