Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

What did you do to your FTR today?

474K views 4K replies 212 participants last post by  julo 
#1 · (Edited)
It's raining.. so, on with the new bar end mirrors, and hole plugs.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Scooter Automotive lighting
difficult to see with the less than ideal background..
Auto part Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Helmet Tire
Roll Em'

Edit. I just realized the dice say "12".. coincidental Roll!
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle accessories Auto part Motorcycle

See less See more
#4 ·
#36 ·
Did the same thing just backing up and the peg hitting the back of my leg and I did not have shorts on....

Reactions: Jeff512
#32 ·
Had my fellow ex track friend come by and help me dial up my suspension.
Geared up, did some bouncing, took the measurements and commenced the tweaking. Man it's so helpful with another experienced person! Cut the time by time and a half!
Front fork will need new springs for my weight for sure (210 geared) since we could see it was a bit firm even at the lower settings while setting static sag.. but, about a half turn from softest stop got the numbers to work.
Back went just fine how ever and, wow. I think the rate may just be ideal for me! Lucky duck! After riding rear felt Cadillac smooth, yet super sharp. Rear Tire anyways just got a Lil less mediocre.. I wonder, will some more time with the damping settings change my mind on them?

I'd note Lots of sticktion in the front fork yet so that played a part. Keep that in mind while setting your sags. In fact., I'd venture to say a good deal of the non compliance I get in the front is attributed to the level of sticktion it has, which is significant. This however doesn't concern me, as that will improve in time and some more miles.

As always,, made a huge difference in the awesomeness!
Did you do yours yet? Free awesomeness!
Git some!

#35 ·
Had my fellow ex track friend come by and help me dial up my suspension.
Geared up, did some bouncing, took the measurements and commenced the tweaking. Man it's so helpful with another experienced person! Cut the time by time and a half!
Front fork will need new springs for my weight for sure (210 geared) since we could see it was a bit firm even at the lower settings while setting static sag.. but, about a half turn from softest stop got the numbers to work.
Back went just fine how ever and, wow. I think the rate may just be ideal for me! Lucky duck! After riding rear felt Cadillac smooth, yet super sharp. Rear Tire anyways just got a Lil less mediocre.. I wonder, will some more time with the damping settings change my mind on them?

I'd note Lots of sticktion in the front fork yet so that played a part. Keep that in mind while setting your sags. In fact., I'd venture to say a good deal of the non compliance I get in the front is attributed to the level of sticktion it has, which is significant. This however doesn't concern me, as that will improve in time and some more miles.

As always,, made a huge difference in the awesomeness!
Did you do yours yet? Free awesomeness!
Git some!
Great writeup @Hatt ! The forks may lose some stiction during break in, or else grease them up a bit, and in regards to the rear, I need to get rid of that license plate contraption first...

#38 · (Edited)
The good Dr. Henry Jekyll.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

The sinister Mr. Edward Hyde.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

I'd mention to work from the grommets up, when removing the side covers once all the fasteners are removed.
Reverse from top down when re assembling.
I also stress to spritz the grommets with some silicone for a better, easier, yet more secure slip fit.
More so with the carbon fiber covers I had to lightly pull the bottom of the cover outward while putting a light downward force on the top side of cover to get the spade of the cover to find the grommets hole.
Other wise super easy.

#39 ·
It not what I did to my FTR, it's what it did to me. I learned the hard way if you have the tracker pegs you shouldn't try unloading the bike from the trailer in shorts. Especially if you are short. Bit my calf pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have my FTR become on 16.6.2019 in germany. 9 monts waiting.. and today:-(... bycicle crash on 30,5.2019 and now .. bands tore in the shoulder. sleep in a hospital and waiting mid- end of august before i riding my FTR. Shit:)

Attachments

#41 ·
Messing around with a very simple 3D printed plate relocation. I used some carbon polycarbonate filament with solid infill and it’s plenty stiff. Held up to many “test wheelies”. I’m hoping people edit and optimize this!
Indian FTR1200 License Plate Relocation by FTR1200RR

Attachments

#56 ·
Messing around with a very simple 3D printed plate relocation. I used some carbon polycarbonate filament with solid infill and it’s plenty stiff. Held up to many “test wheelies”. I’m hoping people edit and optimize this!
Indian FTR1200 License Plate Relocation by FTR1200RR
Had a coworker print up your plate, it's awesome! Thanks so much for posting it up! Only thing he changed was doing the signal mounts as separate prints with threads in them, and mounted them onto the plate. I'm going to wire it up this weekend hopefully.

Attachments

#47 ·
T

Thats why they all angle in ward. When engineering mine I tried all the other angles, and position. In this area and with that angle, it won't/doesn't hit. I varified by tuning suspension down and hitting a real winner of a road with my 250# Buddy. Bottomed bike, never hit. Plus, at that angle if it were to, it would just make funny noise.. frrrrt.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.