Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
They do a plain black as well...would probably match a bit better but I’ve got the carbon duck tail cover so that’s why I went with the carbon look...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Rider
744 Posts
Baked is better with an onion shoved up it's 'jacksy' for flavor.

Ultimately the hugger does nothing but look good! I too found shit plastered all over the rear after removing the scraper. It's an easy fix if you have a rack. No need for a hugger apart from aesthetics. 'Carbon look' is nice though I had my radiator guards done.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I’ll differ on that opinion. I reckon it’ll work as intended...but I’ll report back when I run through the road works again 👍😎🇦🇺

·
Rider
744 Posts
Breto before boarding my rack here is the view looking down through it at the rear wheel. The shit I was talking about wasn't the shit being thrown up on the bike but plastering the rear of the bike and the rider's jacket and helmet. As you can see with the throw up from the rear wheel a hugger will do nothing to prevent the rider or rear of the bike getting it. I got caked in it more than once and got fed up washing my jacket each time and the grit covering the rear of the bike.

·
Rider
744 Posts
Spent a pleasant hour this morning with a tube of Autosol and a rag, came up pretty well I think....
Hi Trojan Thunder,

If you were to compliment your Autosol with a box featured below your 'pleasant hour' could be reduced to a pleasant 15-20 minutes with less ragging and elbow grease? Works an absolute treat!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Trojan Thunder,

If you were to compliment your Autosol with a box featured below your 'pleasant hour' could be reduced to a pleasant 15-20 minutes with less ragging and elbow grease? Works an absolute treat!

View attachment 595965

View attachment 595966
Hot or cold? Also, any solvent / cleaner or no? I ordered some to get the melted boot rubber off the pipe, but I might as well do the whole thing while I'm at it.

·
Rider
744 Posts
As Max said cold. There are a myriad of professed 'Red Scotch-Brite' suppliers out there but I paid a little extra to get the branded variety. I also use a little Autosol with the Scotch-Brite and just rag off afterwards. With Autosol alone some of the stains used to be quite persistent but this makes it quick and simple.

·
Rider
744 Posts
Did you get two sets? If so I’ll take the second identical set you got from the other thread! 😂😂😇:cool:

Reactions: Breto

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you get two sets? If so I’ll take the second identical set you got from the other thread! 😂😂😇:cool:
I should have man...nah I thought after posting it in what have you done it should probably have gone in levers...just hedging exposure man...🥴😂😂

1401 - 1420 of 1447 Posts