Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
can't find any red or white scotch brite in any hardware stores here for some reason....
ended up having to order a whole box of 12 of the red from a tool company, i can't order any white in box less than 50 though so not sure what to do there....

Any Aussies got suggestions for me on where to get them?

Try this Tash...it’s an all metal polish...I think the exhaust system is stainless steel so this should work well. Repco,autobahn, supercheap maybe...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Rider
822 Posts
can't find any red or white scotch brite in any hardware stores here for some reason....
ended up having to order a whole box of 12 of the red from a tool company, i can't order any white in box less than 50 though so not sure what to do there....

Any Aussies got suggestions for me on where to get them?
Maybe pour some bleach on them to turn them white? Sorry....lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Try this Tash...it’s an all metal polish...I think the exhaust system is stainless steel so this should work well. Repco,autobahn, supercheap maybe...👍😎🇦🇺
I haven't had an issue with getting Autosol mate, just grabbed some from Bunnings.
it's the Scotch Brite pads I can't get hold of.....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah just thinking this would do the trick instead. It’s a cotton impregnated wadding. Works really well...just a thought...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Rider
744 Posts
The wadding works a treat. I use it but it's called Wadpol. Got a 5 litre size tin of it. If it's good enough to polish aircraft it's good enough for your FTR.

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
put 280kms on the FTR today, lots of twisties and a small amount of 'freeway' riding.
Tony commented that he noticed that not only am I way more confident stopping at intersections etc, I am also a lot more confident cornering. he followed me in to one corner on his Roadster at the same speed I took it on the FTR and scraped his pegs haha.
i have noticed something with fuel range though - but will make a separate post for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
put 280kms on the FTR today, lots of twisties and a small amount of 'freeway' riding.
Tony commented that he noticed that not only am I way more confident stopping at intersections etc, I am also a lot more confident cornering. he followed me in to one corner on his Roadster at the same speed I took it on the FTR and scraped his pegs haha.
i have noticed something with fuel range though - but will make a separate post for that.
Sounds like a good day out, I put 150km on today, it was pretty cool at 7 degrees but I got plenty of exercise in the twisted to keep me warm

·
Registered
449 Posts
The tyres are very confident Tash...its that relationship between road bum and brain that makes us better...many congrats...and for the Harley Boy, suffer in ya jocks mate, out cornered by the misses!!…😂👍😎🇦🇺

1361 - 1380 of 1447 Posts