Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1201 Posts

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141
I enjoy doing them myself. That way if I screw something up it’s on me. Not the guy working in a shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get Ya. I like doing most things my self. Just not tires. Some chores I enjoy doing. others, like mowing the lawn, dishes, gutter clearing and tire spooning (ahhhhkward) can piss right on off.. lol
My biggest gripe these days, is what to do with the old stuff if I'm being honest.. with as many bikes and cars as I have, take off/wearable bits becomes a pile pretty quick..

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,144
What I did today was add S&S engine management to my FTR. I now have all 3 modes enabled and sport mode is great to have.
That's a way to get back some options not seen on the base!
Cheers!

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's a clever CANbus gadget that S&S made, and at a great price for $200 considering the low quantity they might sell, and that has to be weatherproof and mechanically and electrically sound to keep from failing. Hats off to them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I get Ya. I like doing most things my self. Just not tires. Some chores I enjoy doing. others, like mowing the lawn, dishes, gutter clearing and tire spooning (ahhhhkward) can piss right on off.. lol
My biggest gripe these days, is what to do with the old stuff if I'm being honest.. with as many bikes and cars as I have, take off/wearable bits becomes a pile pretty quick..
Hence the bits and pieces swap,sell or donate. Kinda like an online garage sale. 👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a new tune for my decat akra setup, over the AH2 new ecu firmware. Worked great my few rides today, no stall on start, sounded MUCH better on cold start and this is just the beta, thanks to Ryan at Lloydz!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Today we finally got pics of the recent additions. Pazzo adjustable brake lever, R&G frame plugs, NRC front turn signals with modified lower cowl clamps at the top.
I broke one of my NRG turn signals today. So stupid, I was removing the forks, and instead of just sliding the fork out of the clamp and letting the signal slip out, I grabbed the signal and yanked on it. They seem like a great company, hopefully, they will sell me a replacement.

Where did you buy your R&G plugs? I have been waiting for Twitted Throttle to get the frame sliders for a couple of months.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I broke one of my NRG turn signals today. So stupid, I was removing the forks, and instead of just sliding the fork out of the clamp and letting the signal slip out, I grabbed the signal and yanked on it. They seem like a great company, hopefully, they will sell me a replacement.

Where did you buy your R&G plugs? I have been waiting for Twitted Throttle to get the frame sliders for a couple of months.
I was just looking at those frame sliders myself. 4 to 6 weeks here in Aus to get them. Not cheap either. 🤔👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
178 Posts
Definitely spring time weather. It's been around 15C the past several days, raining off an on as it does this time of year. Two weekends ago it was 30C on the highway. Refreshingly hot! We're on the coast, so the humidity is never a problem. Very nice place to live.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Definitely spring time weather. It's been around 15C the past several days, raining off an on as it does this time of year. Two weekends ago it was 30C on the highway. Refreshingly hot! We're on the coast, so the humidity is never a problem. Very nice place to live.
We are just heading into our winter very shortly. We’ve just had two really bloody cold days. Snow and shit in different places and icy winds. Didn’t go anywhere yesterday. Had the woolies on and the heaters going and I’m in Queensland mate. Usually quite warm. Today was magic. Very crisp air, the bike ran perfectly. The Thrux loves cool air. Still, had full leathers, gauntlets and a thermal under my t shirt and a neck warmer. Was nice and warm. I think this winter will be a cold one if we are getting these temps this early. I think it got down to 7 or 8 c last night which is cold for us northerners. 🥶😎🇦🇺

1141 - 1160 of 1201 Posts