Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1201 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
So...... how often do you take advantage of the irony and tell your husband he rides the girls bike 😁😜

Jokes... I hate when people call shorties that. But damn what great opportunity to "stick it to the man".. lol
lol - one of our friends who is a massive Harley fan and rides a Dyna refers to Tony's bike as a 'Skirtster' all the time.
Reason he chose the Roadster is because it had the best lean angle of all the Harleys combined with mid (ish) controls not forward controls and the seating position including bars was the closest he could find to a regular naked bike.

As for how I give him grief? I refer to it as his Potato Bike every time he takes it out.
Cause that's the noise it makes while idiling - 'potato potato potato potato potato potato'

·
Registered
252 Posts
lol - one of our friends who is a massive Harley fan and rides a Dyna refers to Tony's bike as a 'Skirtster' all the time.
Reason he chose the Roadster is because it had the best lean angle of all the Harleys combined with mid (ish) controls not forward controls and the seating position including bars was the closest he could find to a regular naked bike.

As for how I give him grief? I refer to it as his Potato Bike every time he takes it out.
Cause that's the noise it makes while idiling - 'potato potato potato potato potato potato'
You know why Harley riders fight all the time don’t you?! It’s because you can only fit one in a Ute 😂😂

·
Registered
307 Posts
You know why Harley riders fight all the time don’t you?! It’s because you can only fit one in a Ute 😂😂
haha I only give him grief because he is on record for famously saying 'i'll kick my own arse before i buy a fucking Harley'.

I have the BEST video of him kicking his own arse the day he bought it lol.

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,125

He chose it for the same reasons I think it's one of their best bikes! I just built one last summer. Tho it barely has anything stock on it anymore. I rebuilt everything to be an ironic arse with a sportser that blew their man bikes skirts up! We did everything, cams, carb, over bore jugs, high compression, tuning, heads the whole 9
And all the vanity stuff. It's fast! For a Harley... my Scout still walks it like its a 15 yr old bulldog with nasal issues. The big bore I put on the scout cost 1/5 what was done to the "scorchster"😏😅.

Keep Given him hell!
Cheers

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,127
Don’t really know man. I’ll leave that to the tuning gurus...I’ve always used them. Just makes sense from a maintenance and money point of view. Been running them on all my bikes over the years. Pods, replacement bank filters for the Super Three, the K1200RS, my old K75, The Thunderbird, just always done it. 👍😎🇦🇺
And @R. Warshawsky
Yes.

·
Bronze member
1,382 Posts
Real men use spoons!

I use motion pro bead breaker spoons

Once you do it a few times it’s easy. Takes about a half hour to do both.

I just throw a hair dryer inside the new tire. Gets it a little softer and pops on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Real men use spoons!

I use motion pro bead breaker spoons

Once you do it a few times it’s easy. Takes about a half hour to do both.

I just throw a hair dryer inside the new tire. Gets it a little softer and pops on

Old school men. But if your happy doing it then that’s all that counts. Personally I just stroll out to the shed and use my Tyre machine and static balance rig. Yeah I’m spoilt but it’s soooooo good. 👍😎🇦🇺

·
Bronze member
1,382 Posts
I have a balancer. But with good tires, and the relativity low speed of the ftr. I don’t even put weights on it.

I wouldn’t mine a tire machine. But that’s just more space in the garage.

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,137
I have a solution that's a comprise between yalls..
Have someone else use their machine while I drink beer un distracted..

I get my tires from my local shop. Prices are only slightly higher. biggest difference I've got yet was 22 bucks. mounting/balancing and disposal is free when purchased through them and wheels are brought in.

I win!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a solution that's a comprise between yalls..
Have someone else use their machine while I drink beer un distracted..

I get my tires from my local shop. Prices are only slightly higher. biggest difference I've got yet was 22 bucks. mounting/balancing and disposal is free when purchased through them and wheels are brought in.

I win!
I spent a lot of years changing tyres at a motorcycle dedicated Tyre shop. Sold jackets and helmets and stuff as well. We used to crank tyres out like mad during the week and Saturdays were bedlam. You’d have all the dirt boys coming in on there way out to the mountains. Heaps of weekend knee scrapers coming in for sticky as rears and stuff and Joe average who just wanted to look around and pick your brain. But after that and years of changing dirt bike tyres by hand I swore I would always have a Tyre machine one day. And I have. So I just roll in to the Tyre shop, buy them and walk out. Crack a beer and fit and balance my own these days. Got a few mates that bring in loose wheels. Beer is the local currency. 👍😎🇦🇺

1121 - 1140 of 1201 Posts