Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1229 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
^^(y)

I’ve got a picture taken last week Monday almost identical, even down to the white sticker on the PV3 box. Let the fun factor begin and the needle on the gauge head full-scale high! Enjoy!!!! I know you will!!!
Ken oath mate. 👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well I had a shitload of fun in the shed today. Perfect rainy shed weather. Put the new K&N air filter in, sorted the PV3 and downloaded the current map to send off to Lucas at Fuel Moto. Fitted my new race side plates complete with my fave number. Had to do a bit of cheeky filing on the grab handles to relieve a bit of space for the rearward bolts on the Naked Rider Tail tidy. Came up very well. I’m super stoked with the way it’s looking and I’ll be even more stoked when I put the new map into it. Hopefully Thursday next after it’s first service. 👍😎🇦🇺

·
Rider
696 Posts
Well I had a shitload of fun in the shed today. Perfect rainy shed weather. Put the new K&N air filter in, sorted the PV3 and downloaded the current map to send off to Lucas at Fuel Moto. Fitted my new race side plates complete with my fave number. Had to do a bit of cheeky filing on the grab handles to relieve a bit of space for the rearward bolts on the Naked Rider Tail tidy. Came up very well. I’m super stoked with the way it’s looking and I’ll be even more stoked when I put the new map into it. Hopefully Thursday next after it’s first service. 👍😎🇦🇺 View attachment 590504 View attachment 590505 View attachment 590506 View attachment 590507 View attachment 590508 View attachment 590509 View attachment 590510 View attachment 590511 View attachment 590512 View attachment 590513
What, if anything, did FM say the benefits of the K&N would be? Recall the post with @Max Kool and yours truly where we discussed this. Thought experiment: if the K&N flows sufficiently better to cause a lean condition, wouldn't an aftermarket tune taking this into account add more fuel and hence more HP?

·
Rider
696 Posts
It's just held in by the small allen screw just inside the exhaust?
Yes, but I would try it with them in first. Removal is easy, and the one small allen bolt holds the DB killers in. However, if removed and you decide to put them back in, be prepared for a headache. The only way I could figure it out was to remove the slip ons first, then reinstall while the unit was on the bench. Even then, because of the small area to work with, and the general physics of the hardware, it took a long time. YMMV....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, but I would try it with them in first. Removal is easy, and the one small allen bolt holds the DB killers in. However, if removed and you decide to put them back in, be prepared for a headache. The only way I could figure it out was to remove the slip ons first, then reinstall while the unit was on the bench. Even then, because of the small area to work with, and the general physics of the hardware, it took a long time. YMMV....
Do the bolt washers for the exhaust go under or over the mount?

·
Rider
654 Posts
237 miles of smiles later I have finally loaded Map 2 purely out of curiosity 'Justin.' Just in case there's the remote possibility I am missing out on something?
I didn't think a mere 100 miles is enough to become fully acquainted with the first map. It was emotionally draining seeing it erased. I know I have it still but without trying Map 2 yet I miss it already.

😂

Reminder for Craig "Undercrackers" 😁

·
Registered
296 Posts
What, if anything, did FM say the benefits of the K&N would be? Recall the post with @Max Kool and yours truly where we discussed this. Thought experiment: if the K&N flows sufficiently better to cause a lean condition, wouldn't an aftermarket tune taking this into account add more fuel and hence more HP?
Don’t really know man. I’ll leave that to the tuning gurus...I’ve always used them. Just makes sense from a maintenance and money point of view. Been running them on all my bikes over the years. Pods, replacement bank filters for the Super Three, the K1200RS, my old K75, The Thunderbird, just always done it. 👍😎🇦🇺

1101 - 1120 of 1229 Posts