Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

681 - 700 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I almost bought new plastics and went with gm torch red like my last bike. But didn’t want to drop $1200.

So wheels it was. They will be done in a week. It’s something plain and simple. But different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are a dozen companies that make smart brakelights. One of them is the Admore Light Bar with Smart Brake Technology. It flashes red when you put on the brakes, and blinks yellow for turn signals. (The lamp shines yellow, red, white, as required) Using a built-in acceleromenter, it also flashes when you are slowing down even without putting on the brakes, such as when you ease off the throttle. Its options are adjustable via USB on a laptop, or via Bluetooth to the Admore phone app. I haven't tried one yet, I only saw it demoed at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show last month. (Full disclosure, I may be working as a firmware engineer for Admore starting soon.)

Another one is the Smart Brake Module by Safer Turn. I have this installed on my FTR right now. It works fine and is easy to install, but because it powers the tail lamp by splicing onto the wire, it confuses the ECU to indicate a "Chassis Error" on the console. When the module lights your taillamp to indicate you are slowing down, and your ECU knows that the ECU is not lighting the lamp, your ECU thinks hey, there's a problem with brake lamp, because it monitors how much current should be flowing to the brake lamp when its in control. This method messes with that. This is sometimes referred to as "CAN bus compatibility" even though it doesn't have a thing to do with the bike's CAN bus.

There are more. Some even connect to the CANBus to control the lighting based on system data. Great for Harley Davison, BMW, and Ducati riders who dont want to mess with their wiring.
Really interesting and thanks for the info on all of those. I'll be looking more into one of these

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here are my mods. Taken a while to get pics done. Mods from July thru December. IMG_5722.JPG IMG_5723.JPG IMG_5724.JPG IMG_5725.JPG IMG_5726.JPG IMG_5727.JPG
Wheels powdercoated red
Front Calipers powdercoated black
R&G front axle sliders
Pro grip grips
CRG bar end mirrors
R&G oil filler cap
R&G rear stand spools
RK gold chain
Indian fender eliminator
Indian rear mudguard
Rear plate frame w/integrated tail lights
Bassani exhaust w/ powdercoated end cap

Sorry about randomness of pics, first time poster

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Installed new heavy bar end weights from HVMP. Stock is 6.2 ounces, new are 14.7. There was a noticeable decrease in handlebar vibration.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My what a big pair you have. Don't think I've ever seen such a heavyweight set of bar ends? Hope you don't mind R Warshawski I have added a bit to your quote purely for amusement purposes only and made it bold and italic so there are no misunderstandings from any with a sensitive disposition about weight removal/addition on the FTR. 😁

Installed new heavy bar end weights from HVMP. Stock is 6.2 ounces, new are 14.7. There was a noticeable decrease in handlebar vibration 'as there was in MPG which has now reduced from 40 down to 25 lugging the extra weight about.'

·
Registered
300 Posts
My what a big pair you have. Don't think I've ever seen such a heavyweight set of bar ends? Hope you don't mind R Warshawski I have added a bit to your quote purely for amusement purposes only and made it bold and italic so there are no misunderstandings from any with a sensitive disposition about weight removal/addition on the FTR. 😁
😂😂😂(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
300 Posts
How do the weights work with bar end mirrors? :unsure:
That's an excellent question. I have kept the stock mirrors, as I guess I like looking at my shoulders as opposed to my elbows...lol...the people at HVMP are super responsive to inquiries so maybe send them an email? Best of luck.

·
Registered
399 Posts
There are probably heavyweight bar end weights that will accept bar end mirrors. With regards specifically to R Warshawski's weights if I wanted bar end mirrors I would possibly get them spun in a lathe to get a wasted channel cut to accept the width of the clamp to make them less obtrusive. What you'd lose in waste would undoubtedly be made up by the weight of the clamps and mirrors.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Scroll up, check my post about weighted bar inserts.
Indian FTR is not listed?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I didn’t use the bar ends at all, just the little adapter the mirror requires. Which in itself is more like a little spool with the right diameter. So I just used the Sato weights that go inside the bars.

681 - 700 of 739 Posts