Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

661 - 680 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Polycarbonate spacers, longer bolts and a bit of brute force and ignorance works well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today, I got rear ended while at a stop light :( Heard the vehicle behind lock their brakes but I didn't react fast enough to either move forward or to the side. Laid the bake over on the right side. Looks like I'll be needing a new exhaust, radiator and radiator guard, both brake levers, rear signals, and the lower fork bracket that the caliper and axle mount to.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a bummer, I hope you didn't get too banged up!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks, not a scratch on me. Just sad for the bike. Taking it in the dealer in a coupe days to make sure it's just cosmetic/exterior damage and then I'll take it from there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Today, I got rear ended while at a stop light :( Heard the vehicle behind lock their brakes but I didn't react fast enough to either move forward or to the side. Laid the bake over on the right side. Looks like I'll be needing a new exhaust, radiator and radiator guard, both brake levers, rear signals, and the lower fork bracket that the caliper and axle mount to.
You are here to tell the tale...that's what counts. Sounds as if you are okay. Excellent 👍

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very nice! What turn signals are you using. Aeromach said it was designed for the stock signals and would take modification to fit after market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Getting hit from behind at a traffic light has always been one of my great fears.... Very sorry to hear about your accident.... Hope you get her fixed and back on the road soon....
Taking it in tomorrow and I'm sure I'll hear what the status is. I'm thinking it will not have catastrophic damage. If I had to guess it's about $5k w/ labor. I just hope the dealer makes the right call to the adjuster. So far, heard good things about the relationship between my dealer and Geico. We'll see, LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
But to your point getting hit from behind is terrifying. I feel like I am usually cautious about getting that space and having the awareness but clearly this time I wasn't. In the future going to be even more 'on' about it. Anyone have recommendations on devices that make you're brake lights flash 3x when you brake?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are a dozen companies that make smart brakelights. One of them is the Admore Light Bar with Smart Brake Technology. It flashes red when you put on the brakes, and blinks yellow for turn signals. (The lamp shines yellow, red, white, as required) Using a built-in acceleromenter, it also flashes when you are slowing down even without putting on the brakes, such as when you ease off the throttle. Its options are adjustable via USB on a laptop, or via Bluetooth to the Admore phone app. I haven't tried one yet, I only saw it demoed at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show last month. (Full disclosure, I may be working as a firmware engineer for Admore starting soon.)

Another one is the Smart Brake Module by Safer Turn. I have this installed on my FTR right now. It works fine and is easy to install, but because it powers the tail lamp by splicing onto the wire, it confuses the ECU to indicate a "Chassis Error" on the console. When the module lights your taillamp to indicate you are slowing down, and your ECU knows that the ECU is not lighting the lamp, your ECU thinks hey, there's a problem with brake lamp, because it monitors how much current should be flowing to the brake lamp when its in control. This method messes with that. This is sometimes referred to as "CAN bus compatibility" even though it doesn't have a thing to do with the bike's CAN bus.

There are more. Some even connect to the CANBus to control the lighting based on system data. Great for Harley Davison, BMW, and Ducati riders who dont want to mess with their wiring.

661 - 680 of 739 Posts