Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
3561 - 3580 of 3584 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Everything behind the engine looks after market.

Seat & rear cowling
rear sub frame
Fuel tank
Swing Arm
Rear shock?
Etc

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Surge,

Is that a custom seat/tail combo?? That looks great and very interested in details. Not on too often these days, so I do not know if I missed any descriptions, apologize if I did. Again, love the look and interested in info. Thanks much and stay safe

MK
Thanks MK! The Seat/Tail section was made for Roland Sands by Saddlemen per RSD's design. Around 12 were made and went to the race team, sponsor bikes and a few private sales. It's their Knight style glass, but it also sit on a RSD aluminum fuel tank/subframe. This is another race unit built by/for RSD. Theres a long list of mods and aftermarket race pieces on the bike. Not much of what you see will play in the standard FTR configuration.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
Replaced the battery since it was totally crapped out after only 1.5 years and 4k miles. :rolleyes: I don't put it on a tender since I ride fairly regularly here in Texas, but I'm going to start now.

I also spooned on a new rear Scorpion Rally STR... Jesus, I'm not sure what the deal is with those tires, but they seem way more rigid and hard to install than average. Even with the bead pushed down in the inner groove of the wheel, I felt like I was destroying the tire getting it over the rim. And then I forgot the right-side spacer when putting the wheel back on. Once it was obvious that the wheel wouldn't spin since the caliber bracket was contacting the rotor, it was clear that I made a mistake and had to pull it off again.

I also installed the RSD grips. Note to anyone who hasn't changed grips before... if you use compressed air, they almost eject themselves off the bar and 91% isopropyl alcohol makes them slide on easy while drying clean; but if you don't go this route, you're going to hate life. The RSD grips are fatter in diameter (supposedly 10%). It's hard to tell when just looking at them, but definitely noticeable when riding. I didn't find any difference in vibes or feel over OEM except for the increased size. I wear a size XL / XXL glove so it works better for me, but others might find it less desirable vs stock.
The slightly larger diameter of the RSD grips made a huge difference for me. They also offer a little more cushion and keep the fatigue down in my hands.

3561 - 3580 of 3584 Posts