Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
3521 - 3540 of 3582 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,548 Posts
It’s not that big of a change. Still up in the air as to if I’ll like it.

Nothing I can’t buy more parts and change back. If I hate it they will be for sale lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
It’s not that big of a change. Still up in the air as to if I’ll like it.

Nothing I can’t buy more parts and change back. If I hate it they will be for sale lol
Not sure if you are currently or previously had wheels powder coated... but I'm thinking about getting it done vs paint. I'm assuming that you need to pull the bushings and put new ones in afterward?

·
Bronze member
2,548 Posts
Yes you need to pull the bearings and seals.

I have the bearing pns I can find again if you decide to do it. Ordering the bearings direct from the manufacture instead of indian saves you about 75%

The seals you can re use if you pull them out correctly.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes you need to pull the bearings and seals.

I have the bearing pns I can find again if you decide to do it. Ordering the bearings direct from the manufacture instead of indian saves you about 75%

The seals you can re use if you pull them out correctly.

I'm going to try some rim tape for a splash of color first to see how I like it before committing to coating the wheels. If you get a chance to direct me to discounted bearings, that would be appreciated. One thing that I'm running into is that with a bike like the FTR, it seems that we're sort of at the mercy of IM for parts and whatever they want to charge for them at the moment.... so if there is another option, it would be great.

·
Registered
494 Posts

Dropped some stuff off at powder coating. Should be done before Christmas for the new look

I’m taking a guess…front fork lowers (the silver bits), and rear brake caliper bracket.

On that note do the ABS tone rings need to be silver? I’d like them to be black and not stand out so much…

·
Bronze member
2,548 Posts
I’m sure painting them wouldn’t hurt. I might do that while it’s apart. I did polish them, but they are back to their crusty finish now

·
Registered
494 Posts
I’m sure painting them wouldn’t hurt. I might do that while it’s apart. I did polish them, but they are back to their crusty finish now

Yea I think this winter I’m going to do that as well as the rear brake caliper bracket.

Reactions: POE

·
Registered
996 Posts
Have installed the Rizoma indicators front and rear, will tidy up the cabling then post some photos.
they're tiny but extremely bright.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good choice.

Which ones did you get? I've got the rizoma 'Vision' ones and they are bright. I'm happy with them

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

3521 - 3540 of 3582 Posts