Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2461 - 2477 of 2477 Posts

·
Rider
1,087 Posts
It’s not so much what I’ve done as apposed to what I am going to do when it gets here...hand made by Ryan at TOCE...should be here in Aus in a week or so I hope...👍😎🇦🇺🔥
Not ashamed to admit I'm a little envious. I am holding out before any more larger USA purchases as now we're done and dusted with Brexit IF there is a decent FTA agreed prices may tumble?

·
Bronze member
1,961 Posts
He sent them to me to show me the progress. He’s an artist man and a really cool bloke. Massive on communication. And he’s build some really cool stuff...cannot fault the man. Very talented young bloke with awesome people skills. Cannot wait to fit this up...
Yep. A real stand up guy. He makes every ftr system personally. He really devoted a lot of his time just for our platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts

I removed the chainguard today. And I have two things 1) Did you put in the screw, once you removed the chainguard? Because it looks kinda stupid with the hole. I thought about a rubberplugin, the same that is mounted on the exhaust. 2) What do you think about the stone chip on the frame? Do I have to seal it in any way to protect it from rust? Looks like there is a second coat beneath the red paintwork.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use WD 40 chain wax. It looks horrible I have to say because of the thick, uneven, white/yellowish lubricating film, so I rubbed it off. That the state the chain is atm :) You had a golden chain on your bike right? Doesn't the wax distract from it?

Edit: I can answer my own question, I guess the white wax looks better than black on the golden chain.

Btw. I just found a strange FTR at my local dealer: http://www.indianmotorcycle-düsseldorf.de/indian-motorcycles-rheinland-duesseldorf/cm-motorcycles-umbauten-ddorf.htm

Not my cup of tea but maybe intresting for some here :)

·
Bronze member
1,961 Posts
The chain wax is clear and doesn’t fling off. Which is great for when you remove the guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
*another vote for Maxima wax. I don't know much about competitors, but I've been using this stuff a while and I'm happy with it.
Used it from the time it hit the shelves. The only chain lube for me. Does not fling off...bloody excellent. And yep, kero to clean the chain...won’t hurt your o’rings...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Rider
1,087 Posts
Hi Breto,

There is rumor and conjecture about bringing in some form of noise regulation over here, may change perhaps now we're not tied to Brussels? They were even trialing noise cameras near a local coastal town two Summers ago. I visited the Harley-Davidson Fest in Hamburg and the Jekyll and Hyde Exhaust Company had set up a large stall exhibit stand there and were carrying out sales and fitting. It was quite amazing seeing them in operation and they had a very high quality and styling of the ones I saw, not like the toilet waste pipe fitted to the FTR above though. If legislation does arrive here I'm stuffed on my other bike but have saved their link in 'my favorites' should the need arise to swap out my Vance and Hines? Not a cheap price either, link below gives examples how they sound.

How it sounds - Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde | Electronically adjustable exhaust for motorcycles | Best sound | Street legal (jekillandhyde.com)

·
Registered
689 Posts
We’ve always had a 94db thing here...it’s really only when you need to run it over the pits or get your pre rego inspection...in my state, unless the cops pull you over and defect you for noise then there is no requirement to get it inspected after you buy it. When you sell the bike or car it must have a roadworthy certificate so it would have to pass the noise test...all my bikes have loud pipes, I just behave myself when there is a cop around...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
616 Posts
We’ve always had a 94db thing here...it’s really only when you need to run it over the pits or get your pre rego inspection...in my state, unless the cops pull you over and defect you for noise then there is no requirement to get it inspected after you buy it. When you sell the bike or car it must have a roadworthy certificate so it would have to pass the noise test...all my bikes have loud pipes, I just behave myself when there is a cop around...👍😎🇦🇺
thankfully here in SA there is no requirement for a roadworthy when you sell a vehicle.
only needs to be legal if the police pull you over for a check, and then you will likely have to pass a full roadworthy check.
this has happened to me once - got pulled over for no rear reflector on the Honda and the bloke went to town on the bike trying to find other things to defect it for (but couldn't).
Thankfully because I'm always polite to the police, i was let off with a warning and didn't need to get a roadworthy which was good.
i think the exhaust on the Honda is right on the limit of being legal.

I rode past a police car in the hills on the FTR last weekend and they weren't interested in me at all - but then I was in a town doing the speed limit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
thankfully here in SA there is no requirement for a roadworthy when you sell a vehicle.
only needs to be legal if the police pull you over for a check, and then you will likely have to pass a full roadworthy check.
this has happened to me once - got pulled over for no rear reflector on the Honda and the bloke went to town on the bike trying to find other things to defect it for (but couldn't).
Thankfully because I'm always polite to the police, i was let off with a warning and didn't need to get a roadworthy which was good.
i think the exhaust on the Honda is right on the limit of being legal.

I rode past a police car in the hills on the FTR last weekend and they weren't interested in me at all - but then I was in a town doing the speed limit.
Yep that’s it really...the exhaust on my Thruxton is basically straight through 2into 1 by D&D...it’s loud when your on it but if your easy on the throttle in say 3rd and just cruising past the cops they don’t blink and eye...it’s the Harley boys that draw most of the attention here. Just outrageously loud. Cops will jump on them before any of us...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
63 Posts
They even removed the baffle in the 2 into 1 version and had it controled and registered via TÜV (our control agency). I couldn't believed it at first because it was way louder than the OG exhaust. Now I'm thinking about getting the baffels out as well when I have too much money on my hand (it costs 100+€ for registration). It might be worth it every bit counts ;D

2461 - 2477 of 2477 Posts