Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2477 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Put just over 160kms on the FTR today, was good to actually give the new bars a good run lol.
I can honestly say the new bars were exactly what I was after, a little lower and more over the 'tank' without being as far down as a set of clip ons.
Still very comfy when I want to be more upright, but low enough to make cornering through the twisties easy as hell.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Twisties?? Wish I knew what those were... you put new bars on to make curvy roads more fun, I put new bars on to make riding in straight lines more comfortable... 😆😆 sometimes I wish I wasn't in Florida...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Twisties?? Wish I knew what those were... you put new bars on to make curvy roads more fun, I put new bars on to make riding in straight lines more comfortable... 😆😆 sometimes I wish I wasn't in Florida...
lol yeah we're pretty lucky to live where we do - friends in Melbourne need to ride like an hour before finding the hills, I go out my door and turn right and I'm there already haha.

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
"Key West is to the place to be, if you're looking for immortality, Key West is paradise divine..." - Bob Dylan

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
Daytime temperatures have been quite chilly the last few days. Being On Call and not being able to go anywhere I thought I'll give the FTR a long overdue clean. No chance hose was frozen. Went up to a balmy 39 degrees in your money and hose was defrosted nicely so treated the FTR to a thorough clean. Even did the headers and ends of the zorsts. Road have been salted here now so need to do a rain dance to wash it all away before I head out again.

View attachment 618057

View attachment 618058
Good thing you got some new tyres, my man...

·
Rider
1,087 Posts
Good thing you got some new tyres, my man...
Can't get them nailed on the rims until next week Thursday. Moore Speed Racing are fitting them for me.(y) Must resist the urge to splurge cash whilst I'm waiting on the latest 'must have' that I 'don't really need!' Hoping the carbon fiber right hand air box cover will be finally here too if it's up to scratch metaphorically speaking? 😁

Reactions: R. Warshawsky

·
Registered
42 Posts
Today I actually rode the thing. After about 9 months waiting for a replacement frame from Indian, I finally got the bike back and took it out for awhile.

I've been riding my old Yamaha XJ600 since I took my FTR to the dealer for repair, and I was a bit apprehensive getting back on it. I feel this way whenever I'm on an unfamiliar bike, especially when they're as different as the XJ and the FTR, just from a safety perspective. It felt totally natural, though, and I found that it took no adjustment. Happy to be riding it again.

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
Today I actually rode the thing. After about 9 months waiting for a replacement frame from Indian, I finally got the bike back and took it out for awhile.

I've been riding my old Yamaha XJ600 since I took my FTR to the dealer for repair, and I was a bit apprehensive getting back on it. I feel this way whenever I'm on an unfamiliar bike, especially when they're as different as the XJ and the FTR, just from a safety perspective. It felt totally natural, though, and I found that it took no adjustment. Happy to be riding it again.
Outstanding, 100% outstanding.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It’s not so much what I’ve done as apposed to what I am going to do when it gets here...hand made by Ryan at TOCE...should be here in Aus in a week or so I hope...👍😎🇦🇺🔥

·
Bronze member
1,961 Posts
I keep telling him to post more build pictures. His welds and billet machining in progress pictures are always amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I keep telling him to post more build pictures. His welds and billet machining in progress pictures are always amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He sent them to me to show me the progress. He’s an artist man and a really cool bloke. Massive on communication. And he’s build some really cool stuff...cannot fault the man. Very talented young bloke with awesome people skills. Cannot wait to fit this up...👍😎🇦🇺🔥

·
Registered
689 Posts
Got the TOCE tune from the other Ryan loaded and ready to go in the PV3...😛😛👍🇦🇺🔥

2441 - 2460 of 2477 Posts