Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2304 Posts

·
Rider
987 Posts
May I ask what are cinders?

Wet leaves on the twisties are perilous for those that are still out over here. They do use salt when required but none yet thankfully, not been anywhere near cold enough.

·
Bronze member
1,902 Posts
It’s what poorer townships spread on the roads in the mountains in the winter who don’t want to spend a large amount of money on salt.

They generally stay on the roads till late spring after a few heavy rain falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,502 Posts
Fine gravel essentially. Helps with traction when snow and/or ice is on the roadways.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had a week of “Indian Summer” weather after some good snow storms earlier this month

. Burned some gas running out to the MalPais National Monument. Beautiful upper 60’s.

·
Rider
1,083 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,902 Posts
Little before and after. Even washing the bike with a foam cannon, this soft clear coat gets scratched.

Clay bar then I used griots complete polish with a torq orbital polisher.

It’s 20* in my garage. So plastics are warming in my
House before I apply the AvalonKing ceramic coat. See how this ceramic stuff holds up

·
Registered
70 Posts
Little before and after. Even washing the bike with a foam cannon, this soft clear coat gets scratched.

Clay bar then I used griots complete polish with a torq orbital polisher.

It’s 20* in my garage. So plastics are warming in my
House before I apply the AvalonKing ceramic coat. See how this ceramic stuff holds up

I haven’t got any ceramic coat but looking at your results I’m going up to the shed now to try the clay bar on my tank, like you lots of fine scratches

·
Rider
1,083 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Today's job- cut 15mm out of the side stand. bike actually leans now, its easier to get on and I will feel safer parking it.
Big thanks to my better half for doing the cutting and welding haha.

before

View attachment 613479

After
View attachment 613480
Hmmmm I may have to flip my Wunderkind mirrors down like yours. I’m kinda liking that look better. Any issues with blind spots or your forearm blocking the view?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hmmmm I may have to flip my Wunderkind mirrors down like yours. I’m kinda liking that look better. Any issues with blind spots or your forearm blocking the view?
the original mirrors, all I could see was my shoulder.
With these ones under the bars, i just raise my wrist slightly and then I can see everything perfectly.
so yes my forearm blocks but when I need to look behind I just raise my wrist (hands still on the bars) and I can see fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Commenced my own transformation today. Managed to source decent fiber board so revisited the rack for the third and last time to tone it down a bit. Stops muck in the wet!

View attachment 610186

View attachment 610187

Also collected what parts were in and swapped out the front fender and light cowl.

View attachment 610188

Still awaiting right hand airbox cover but collected the left whilst I was there and opened the box so I could inspect and admire it. I am a sucker for carbon..

View attachment 610189
I have considered going to the carbon fiber parts but i cant stomach the cost lol. Where did you get the tank sides? Did they come already painted?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Our lockdown is over (only lasted 3 days in the end) so Tony went to the hardware store and got some black paint so we could cover up the bit that was welded.

Sadly though, Tony told me he isn't comfortable with changing the bars over so looks like I'll have to take it to the dealer cause I need a 2nd person to help with that.
It's due for a service shortly so will get them to do it then.

·
Rider
987 Posts
I have considered going to the carbon fiber parts but i cant stomach the cost lol. Where did you get the tank sides? Did they come already painted?
I mulled it over for ages about the cost as it is quite high (even more so for me on this Side of the Pond), nevertheless I considered the following and decided to take the hit:

1. None of us get out of here alive!
2. We are all living in a hospice with fresh air!

The tank sides are the ones fitted to the new FTR Carbon S limited edition and come painted already. I was going for the plain carbon ones initially until offered the choice. I also got a great discount from my local dealer on the complete package which eased the pain a little. The painted carbon ones are currently in short supply and I will not be getting the right hand side one I ordered in October until January.

2281 - 2300 of 2304 Posts